Dry hop suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sevenal

Reaction score
I have a brown ale that is about done. It is essentially my stout recipe where I back off the black grains which makes a medium brown color ale with great mouth feal and a little malt forward. My hops selections have come from trial and error. FWH are .4 oz Amarillo, .5 oz Nugget, & 1 oz Kent Golding. Late hops for this batch were .5 oz Kent and 1 oz Hallertou.
The matter at hand is what hops to use if I were to choose to dry hop.
I thought of an oz of Falconers Flight or perhaps one of the C hops? A friend said he would stay with one of the brew hops or a piney hop?
I know how vague all this is but thought I would through it out here and I welcome any suggestions and ridicule.

Go

You have a lot of options, really. Stick with Amarillo+Hallertou, go all cascade, or Amarillo+centennial.

If you're looking to go "out of style" for a brown ale with the dry hops, I like some of the danker/piney hops in an amber/brown ale. Something like Simcoe or Chinook would be cool. I sometimes find the fruitier, bright hops to be out of place in a darker colored beer.

Back