Don't wait until secondary to add fruit puree.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for you guys. I recently brewed a sour. The kit directions had me primary ferment for 2 weeks and then add fruit puree into the primary for another 2 weeks. I brewed an IPA about 5 days ago that I would like to also add puree. When should I add the fruit puree? I will be using mango, Passion fruit, and guava. I was thinking about letting it ferment for a week and a 1/2 and then adding the puree and then letting ferment for another week and a 1/2? What would you guys recommend. The end result goal is a tropical ipa.

That sounds fine to me, except I don’t think you need 3 weeks total. Drop the fruit in when fermentation starts to slow and it will be done a few days after that. Two weeks tops. I am definitely in favor of keeping all the fermentables in primary.

You can add hops or coffee (etc) in secondary, but keep the sugars on the yeast.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back