Done dry hopping and don't feel like bottling - Ok to move to secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
I just got done dry hopping a Stone IPA clone. I loathe bottling and have to be in the mood for it. I want to get the beer off the hops so they don't sit on there too long. Will I lose any aroma if I rack the beer to a secondary? I dry hopped in the primary.

probably not, but why risk the contamination of an extra step just because you don't feel like bottling

in my opinion, you need to just leave the dry hops where they are, and muster the 'mood' to bottle it in the next week or so

probably not, but why risk the contamination of an extra step just because you don't feel like bottling

in my opinion, you need to just leave the dry hops where they are, and muster the 'mood' to bottle it in the next week or so

Well, they've been in there for two weeks so I figure it's time to do something.

Ive done just that, only it was a tersiary carboy I suppose. I bottled 15 days after racking off of two ounces of whole-leaf cascade and the aroma was hypnotizing. I once drank and entire bottle by smelling it only.

Latest posts

Back