Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chloe the princess ;)

97BA281E-5586-45F1-B318-9F2C3C608BD8.jpeg

2178D452-0B7E-42A0-97A3-28550B092778.jpeg

20200701_164409.jpg

Two of our three rescue puppies. The little one out of a high kill shelter in Texas. We drove from Pennsylvania to Texas non stop to rescue this little girl and she was worth every mile. Such a loving little girl, (Thank you Tracys Paws rescues for two of our families fur babies) and the bigger one a local rescue from a bad abusive home situation. Rescue puppies are the best. All they want is to be safe and loved. Rescue pups give back far more that you give them.

we have this exact thing, and it's a life-saver. with so many different people potentially feeding the dog, it's hard to keep track... this makes it easy. highly recommended by yours truly (the dog is ambivalent, as this greatly cuts down on double-feedings - but also assists in making sure meals aren't forgotten either). haven't experienced any slider trouble, despite no oil... might look into it tho.

the Howdy chillin' on the front porch

9 years ago today we took him to Virginia Tech veterinary school to have surgery on a herniated disk. it was too expensive to have the local vet neurologist operate on him, so we almost had to put him down. our awesome regular vet recommended Va Tech & the more affordable option

we highly recommend checking out vet colleges if you can't afford whatever lifesaving procedures your pet needs. not only can they save your fur kid & save you money, it gives future DVMs experience they need

we will be forever grateful to them & have been each & every one of the last 3287 days they gifted us with our freckle-face boy

howdy on the porch.jpg

If you transport your dogs a lot, and you don't want your car/truck to look like an animal transport when you have a guest in there, you really must consider one of these. It's very easy to clip into place, protects the doors etc. I swear this one was designed specifically for my truck, even has a strap for my center seat in back. There are door panels too. If you get one of these and use the door panels, don't bother with the suction cups. They are not necessary and will be a big problem if you forget and lower the window.

This is in my full size truck. It's the the x-large size protector. My wife has one too (large version) for her SUV. Mine (below) is the chocolate version - picture makes it look light, but it's definitely chocolate brown. The link below might not include the door pads - wife bought it for me. They make them for the passenger seat too if you're looking at protecting that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DH1JRMG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_RYKB79GYQ2S47CKFS63G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1622672329124.png

Last edited:
The girls of summer. They are actually both good swimmers, but also clingy.

View attachment 732491

GSP on the right? Talk about a good swimmer! She’s beautiful. My first dog was a GSP and they are the most loyal, sweetest companion you could ask for. Also, they’re a hell of a good hunter. Today I was throwing a ball to mine in the pond for his enjoyment/exercise. I could literally do that all day until my shoulder was out and he’d still ask for more.

D3A230B4-0667-4D45-8468-07FB324BE59F.jpeg
Caught this picture the other night of our rescue dog Charlotte. She’s a tough dog (selective with other dogs & some humans) but an amazing family dog and great in our pack (we have two other dogs). I know I’ve posted pictures of her here and the others a few times but this was too cute not to share.

GSP on the right? Talk about a good swimmer! She’s beautiful. My first dog was a GSP and they are the most loyal, sweetest companion you could ask for. Also, they’re a hell of a good hunter. Today I was throwing a ball to mine in the pond for his enjoyment/exercise. I could literally do that all day until my shoulder was out and he’d still ask for more.
Yes gsp. Other is a vizsla (daughters dog). Both dogs are awesome.

so sorry about your daughter-in-law's puppy. my heart is broken for you all.

my Priscilla & my Goombah will look out for him until your DIL can be reunited with him at the Rainbow Bridge

- Will Rogers
Frankly, she doesn't deserve that. Her whole life is centered around scoring more heroin and Bubba was out after dark because she couldn't be bothered to keep tabs on him and make sure he was not out running free in the middle of the night.
This was just one of many reasons we had for getting out of California.

Z'Dat a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever isn't it.
t'is! not many people familiar with the breed. i'm canuck myself, so when it came time to choose a puppy i reached back to the homeland. NSDTRs are right up there with border collies in terms of intelligence, restlessness and troublesomeness (and awesomeness).

t'is! not many people familiar with the breed. i'm canuck myself, so when it came time to choose a puppy i reached back to the homeland. NSDTRs are right up there with border collies in terms of intelligence, restlessness and troublesomeness (and awesomeness).

I've never seen one in person but I am familiar with the breed. I'm a Canuck too but my flavor has been with Aussie dogs (look at my profile pic).

Back