Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4799.JPG

Enjoying some coffee with this old gal (16 years old). I’ve had her since she was about 4 months old. She’s always by my side when she’s not sleeping.

I've got a vizsla Marlee, posted here a few times. She's 10 now.

My daughter recently got a puppy of her own, Millie. Another vizsla. They are just the best dogs. My daughter's a nurse, and sometimes when she's working she brings millie over here (I'm self-employed, work from home). Marlee and Millie and I went for a walk.

upload_2019-4-24_19-18-10.png

upload_2019-4-24_19-18-27.png

My daughter recently got a puppy of her own, Millie. Another vizsla. They are just the best dogs. My daughter's a nurse, and sometimes when she's working she brings millie over here (I'm self-employed, work from home). Marlee and Millie and I went for a walk.

View attachment 623754
View attachment 623755
Truly adorable!

View attachment 623754
View attachment 623755

Beautiful breed ... :D;)

IMG_5514.JPG

IMG_5515.JPG

Nyla turned 16 in February and had her yearly vet appointment last week. Heart and lungs sound great but now she’s on old dog meds for inflammation. The vet says she’s in amazing shape and it’s incredible it took this long for her to go on meds. Now she has a little extra spring to her step being on the meds for inflammation.
I’ve shared her picture her before but she has been with me since she was a pup, even before I met my wife. I had to share these ones b/c I thought they were so nice.

View attachment 628993
View attachment 628994
Nyla turned 16 in February and had her yearly vet appointment last week. Heart and lungs sound great but now she’s on old dog meds for inflammation. The vet says she’s in amazing shape and it’s incredible it took this long for her to go on meds. Now she has a little extra spring to her step being on the meds for inflammation.
I’ve shared her picture her before but she has been with me since she was a pup, even before I met my wife. I had to share these ones b/c I thought they were so nice.
Nice to hear! We love to keep them around as long as possible.

View attachment 628993
View attachment 628994

Love it. One of ours started the meds at age 7.

What exactly is an Australian labradoodle? Do they say “Ruf, mate! Crikey, this Fosters is a superior beer!”

Really cool coloring on that pooch. Our Labradoodle puppy seems to have lightened up over the past few weeks.

Thanks. Yeah some of them can lighten. We have another one who went from chocolate to “cafe” after about a year or two. To answer your question, it’s an actual breed (and I’m sure he would definitely drink a Foster’s if given the chance!) Here’s the link https://alaa-labradoodles.com/index.html

IMG_7576.jpg

Thanks. Yeah some of them can lighten. We have another one who went from chocolate to “cafe” after about a year or two. To answer your question, it’s an actual breed (and I’m sure he would definitely drink a Foster’s if given the chance!) Here’s the link https://alaa-labradoodles.com/index.html

View attachment 629072

I had no idea that was a breed. The first pic you posted looks like a large version of our labradoodle. The 2nd really shows the difference. Very cool. Thank you for sharing

The Howdy found a new friend

Question for you guys. The dog has me worried. He's not eating very much. He's had some bad poops, he's eating grass and throwing it up. We switched him to a bland diet (boiled chicken, rice and cottage cheese) but he's not eating much of that

Vet said his blood tests are good, fecal exam normal. Gave him shots to calm his stomach & some antibiotics, but he's still not eating well.

What do you guys feed the dog when he/she doesn't want to eat?
20190607_091947.jpeg

The Howdy found a new friend

Question for you guys. The dog has me worried. He's not eating very much. He's had some bad poops, he's eating grass and throwing it up. We switched him to a bland diet (boiled chicken, rice and cottage cheese) but he's not eating much of that

Vet said his blood tests are good, fecal exam normal. Gave him shots to calm his stomach & some antibiotics, but he's still not eating well.

What do you guys feed the dog when he/she doesn't want to eat?View attachment 630115

Sorry to hear that is going on. What I’ve used in the past is ground chicken or turkey for the dogs when their appetite isn’t the best. I will usually mix it with some rice too occasionally.
Good luck!

He gobbled up breakfast this morning and has kept it down (so far), even with the excitement of the box turtle. I didn't mix his meds in with it, so maybe he doesn't like the taste of them & won't eat it with them.

Thinking of stopping the meds for a while, figuring at this point him eating is more important than the antibiotics

thanks guys... he is doing better, we went one day/two meals without his meds, but he ate all his breakfast this morning with them crushed in there + his glucosamine

he's getting frisky right now, dragging his bed into the office "I WANT TO PLAY!"

that's what he does when all his toys are downstairs.

Good to hear

Back