Dogfish Head 120 IPA: Holy $#!T!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
Was just checking out Dogfish Head's website and came across this:

120 Minute IPA

Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45-degree plato, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continually hopped with high alpha American hops, dry-hopped daily in the fermenter for a month and aged for a month on whole leaf hops, 120 Minute IPA is by far the biggest IPA ever brewed! At 21% abv and 120 IBU's, you can see why we call this the Holy Grail for Hopheads! Released quarterly, very limited availabilty.

Text boldened by me for emphasis.

21% ABV? I've never heard of a "beer" anywhere near that strong. Nor that bitter! I'd love to give it a whirl nonetheless......

http://www.dogfish.com/beer/120minuteipa.cfm

Wow! I've seen this stuff at the store before, but never picked up any. I may have to, now that I know more about it!

I actually just drank a *couple* bottles of the Dogfish head "barley wine" yesterday.... and welll, it knocked me on may arse..

enjoy, I will be trying some of there other brews in the near near future..

Sam,

Dogfish Ale's Seasonal Stout is 18-20%, though the 120 IPA sounds a lot more tastey!

Anybody have leads on where this is sold? Is it a seasonal beverage?

~Cheers

Ramp said:
Sam,

Dogfish Ale's Seasonal Stout is 18-20%, though the 120 IPA sounds a lot more tastey!

Anybody have leads on where this is sold? Is it a seasonal beverage?

~Cheers

Ramp, where are you at in VA?
Sam and I both live around the Hampton Roads area and it is a mystery on where to find it here. I found some of dogfish's brews in Milwaukee but not the 90 or 120 IPA....
I heard there is a place in Richmond that has tons of obscure beers....might try there some day.....

Sam75 said:
Was just checking out Dogfish Head's website and came across this:

Text boldened by me for emphasis.

21% ABV? I've never heard of a "beer" anywhere near that strong. Nor that bitter! I'd love to give it a whirl nonetheless......

http://www.dogfish.com/beer/120minuteipa.cfm

This beer sounds sweet! I have had/enjoyed a couple of their brews in the past, but I always love trying new high octane brews. I happened to look at the distributer page on the link you provided, and long behold, the only Ohio dist. they provided is about 3 miles from my house! I will be paying them a visit!

ORRELSE said:
Ramp, where are you at in VA?
Sam and I both live around the Hampton Roads area and it is a mystery on where to find it here. I found some of dogfish's brews in Milwaukee but not the 90 or 120 IPA....
I heard there is a place in Richmond that has tons of obscure beers....might try there some day.....

They had the 90 Minute at the Farm Fresh on Jefferson. It was on the shelf outside the cooler, toward the bottom-left. I should have grabbed some.

Good luck getting some, river rat! I bet the 120 is really hard to find.

Back