Dogfish head 120

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattcuso

Reaction score
So I was able to aquire a nice stash of the 120 the last couple days and I planned on aging and trying every few years or so. I decided to crack one open today so I could have a baseline of what a fresh one was like and upon further inspection of the bottle I realized that they were bottle back in 2011. Im kinda confused, did dogfish head do this on purpose so people could try an aged 120. Are these left overs that they were getting rid of? I'm was bummed out for about .2 seconds until I realized I get to fast forward and try a 5 year old 120 but still really wanted to try a fresh one being a hop head and all. Any one else happen to buy any recently and experience the same thing.

Ps. The beer is amazing. It's not really an ipa any more, it's morphed into an amazing barely wine.

Where did you buy them? I was at DFH last weekend and bought a bunch of 120 and it was bottled in April of 2016.

I'm in vegas, total wine gets it once a year (at least that's what they tell me). I didn't think they would sell aged beer like that

Oh wow. Well if you got 2011 I don't think I would exactly be disappointed. It honestly tastes like a barley wine to me fresh also. I popped a 2013 last year and it was great. It ages very well. I'm not exactly sure why you would just now be getting 2011s though...

I was only slightly disappointed that I wouldn't get to try a fresh one but I quickly got over it once I drank one.

I ended up going to 2 diff total wines so I could buy as much as possible since they only let you buy 2 at a time, after looking thru all the bottles, each store had a diff year. One store had some 2011 which is the bulk of what I got and the other had some 2012. I tried both and it's crazy how diff they taste

Back