Dogfish 90min Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw0086

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen several threads on this and read them all, but I don't seem to find the answer to these questions:

On the DFH 90 min recipe that is in the BT clone magazine it says: "Dry hop in secondary at 71F for 3-5 days, then cool to 32F."

I have two questions....first, do you leave the hops in the secondary during/after you cool to 32? If so how long do you leave the hops in and how long do you leave in the secondary? Until it clears or for a couple weeks?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Hey guys, I've seen several threads on this and read them all, but I don't seem to find the answer to these questions:

On the DFH 90 min recipe that is in the BT clone magazine it says: "Dry hop in secondary at 71F for 3-5 days, then cool to 32F."

I have two questions....first, do you leave the hops in the secondary during/after you cool to 32? If so how long do you leave the hops in and how long do you leave in the secondary? Until it clears or for a couple weeks?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

I dont secondary, but when I made this beer I added the dry hops to my carboy after around 14 days.....let it sit for another week or so till you hit your FG

Then when I keg I place a nylon grain bag over my racking cane with a rubberband to filter out the hops

you'd leave the hops in. the cooling is just to help crash out the yeast and hops and other junk to clear it up. you can do it as long or little as you want. you don't even need to do it if you dont want to.

also, you can just dry hop it in the primary if you want. just wait til fermentation is complete and let the yeast settle out a bit so they dont strip the hops of any of their aroma

Cool guys....that helps, that was sort of what I was thinking, but it always helps to have confirmation from others.

I'm probably going to brew on Wednesday, so I should have something ready in about a month and a half to two months....just in time for early summer!

Back