Does Your Boss Know You Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes she/he is very impressed with the homebrewing, and I try to make a habit of donating a sixpack to the holiday party raffle ..pretty popular.

I once brought in a 12 pack of a going-away brew for that evening - put it in the staff fridge. Amazingly, all 12 were ther in the evening.

I'm lucky. I work for a small tech company and one of my best friends from childhood owns the company. Once a month, all the guys in the office get treated to some of the new beer, plus some of their favorites. There's nothing better to bring a group guys together than drinking a homebrew!

My co-workers know, My boss I don't think he understands

I have shared several bottles with my co-workers, they always expect more

I fear that if my boss grasps this I may have to start providing for company functions

Its not something I did/would bring up in an interview or resume. Funny story though, yesterday my new boss told me how to do the LHBS from work. She use to make wine.

My boss is a brewer, his boss is a brewer, and about a half dozen other people at our company brew. Out of 60 employees I think that makes around 15%.

When it comes to interviewing, I think it depends on the type of work environment they are trying to create, and what kind of company it is.

I am the boss and the workers know really well that i brew..
I share it with them as much as i can. :) They never drank any beer other than BMC, now they're expanding their horizons

In my last position I had two coworker brewers, but I'm all alone now. :(

My boss knows and it's even on my resume, but only because I'm the president of my homebrew club.

Back