Does North American Clone Brews have these recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor

Reaction score
I am looking for clone recipes for Bridgeport ESB and for New Belgium's Summer Wheat. I have Clone Brews and Beer Captured, but neither covers these.

I wonder whether North American Clone Brew covers these? If anyone has a copy, can you let me know? Of course, I am VERY interested in such recipes, so any advice and counsel is greatly appreciated.

I responded in the "when to add fruit" thread about Belgian Wit beers. The following is not a clone recipe for New Belgian's brew, but is a generic Belgian Wit recipe based on the guidlines in Charlie Papazian's book:

6.5 lbs wheat malt extract
1 oz corriander seed
1/4 oz orange zest (no actual fruit, just the skin of the orange)
bittering hops:
1 oz sterling hops
..OR..
1.5 oz Mt Hood
..OR..
1.5 oz Vanguard
..OR..
1.5 oz Liberty
..OR..
1.5 oz Hallertauer​
finishing hops: 1/2 oz Saaz
yeast: Belgian Witbier (wyeast 3944)

I'm going to be brewig one of these in the next few months, but I haven't put any time into creating the recipe yet. I have no idea when/how you are supposed to add the corriander and orange zest yet.

-walker

Thor said:
I am looking for clone recipes for Bridgeport ESB and for New Belgium's Summer Wheat. I have Clone Brews and Beer Captured, but neither covers these.

I wonder whether North American Clone Brew covers these? If anyone has a copy, can you let me know? Of course, I am VERY interested in such recipes, so any advice and counsel is greatly appreciated.
I'd like to clone that ESB also. That's a tasty beer.

Here's one recipe I found: :D

SUMMER WIT

6.6 lbs Bavarian wheat extract
1 oz Tettnang leaf hops
½ oz crushed Coriander seed
½ oz bitter orange peel
5 US gallons distilled water
1 vial liquid Belgian Wit yeast

Start by boiling 2 gallons water, once water hits a full boil, turn off heat and add the extract and 3/4 oz of the Tettnang hops. Keep at a low boil for 35 minutes, then add the rest of the hops, the coriander seed, and the bitter orange peel, low boil for an additional 10 minutes.

Turn off the heat, and cool the wort. When wort comes down to 70 degrees F, pitch the yeast.

Seal and use the blow off method, for the first few days, once fermentation slows, attach air lock and ferment another 10 days.

Rack and ferment for another 5 days, bottle.

I cloned the Ommagang Hennipin, and I really love the spicy flavor from the coriander and the bitter orange peel. Grains of paradise are also common in these brews. But very expensive in bulk. I payed like $2.25 for 1/4 gram. I didnt know whether to brew with it, snort it or smoke it. Sheesh!

Back