does beer line thickness matter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people suggest the 3/16 by 7/16. It creates a much better seal on your barbs and MFL adapters. The thinner stuff is more likely to tear or get bent in a way that allows some liquid through.

Whatever that tubing actually is, Kuriyama doesn't list it as beverage tubing in their catalog. I'm betting someone at AHB bought the wrong stuff and is trying to unload it on the unwitting...

Cheers!

This is the thin-wall version of Bev-Lex 200. It's very cheap, and not well suited for long term beer lines. I use it in place of S/S coil in my home-made jockey boxes for beer fest's. Foxx equip. only charges $11/ 100ft roll!!

You also want too start with 10-12ft of 3/16" x 7/16" for beer line length to start, at 10-14 psi @ 38F/avg. If the pour is too slow for you, just simply cut a foot at a time till you achieve your desired flow rate. This should prevent your foaming issue's. Cheers!!!!

Latest posts

Back