Does anyone have a good PM recipe for an Oktoberfest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GonZolaB

Reaction score
Does any one have a good Oktoberfest recipe for partial mash?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The brewers best kit is pretty delicious, i used saflager 23 instead of the ale yeast it came with. I think i'll be doing it again this year

Thanks bear claw, is it a partial mash?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I made the True Brew Oktoberfest kit about a month ago. The only changes I made: I ditched the cheap Munton's yeast (It's crap. Don't use it.) and used some real lager yeast (Saflager-23 from prior slurry), and added 8oz of Munich malt to go with the Melanoiden malt specialty grains that came with the kit. Fermented it at about 52 to 55F, and currently have it lagering in my temp controlled fridge for the next several weeks.

Yep! Partial mash. It was super carmely, all sorts of good and had a big poofy white head. Im gonna have to buy it now. :mug:

Thanks bearclaw, zardozap, and jfolks. I appreciate the help.

Cheers!

The Brewer's Best kit isn't a partial mash it's a hybrid extract kit. Still tasty though, it's the first beer I ever made a few years ago.

If you're ok with an ale version the Oktoberfast Ale is great. Not sure if there's a PM version but should be easy to convert.

Yeah, I would prefer to lager, so I would probably substitute lager yeast. Looks like a great recipe

Back