Do you ever enjoy cheap beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I drink BMC I prefer Coors Original. In my opinion PBR is just a Hipster beer. Hipsters don’t want to be mainstream so they can’t drink BMC....but they also don’t want to attach themselves to a fad or “yuppy” culture....so they can’t have craft either. So they drink the most obscure of the light American lagers....not pretentious, but also not mainstream....then ironically because of them it becomes popular and now they must find a different beer.... they ruin everything

Bad beer is better than no beer. So while I have grown out of most Finnish macro bulk lagers I do not hate drinking them when available. But I'd rather not buy them myself unless there really is no other beer in the shop.

For me this depends what we mean by cheap beer... do we mean cheaply produced ie BMC and the big brewers or cheap to buy?

For me, there's a place for chugging a couple of cold Miller Lites after a day in the sun doing yard work... a decent alternative to a glass of water.
I remember back in college in the UK, the local grocery store did 12 bottles of cheap French lager of about $5 and we used to consume that stuff like crazy... great nights drinking beers and playing video games. So there's still a nostalgia factor to those Euro lagers for me.

Generally speaking for me it's not that I dislike the "cheap" beers. But having a beer is now one of life's pleasures and when I do have one, I want to appreciate flavor, the taste of quality ingredients and all of those things that the "cheap beers" don't deliver.

What I can't get my head around is going to a bar and seeing BMC beers for $5/$6 and good beer for a dollar more and people choosing the cheaper option. But each to their own :)

Back