DME/cornsugar carbing in Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exc503

Reaction score
Due to time constraints I have been sitting on a Saison in a carboy for 2 months, my original plan was the bottle and carb with DME/corn-sugar, but was thinking in the interest of saving time, just dump it in the keg, and add DME/corn-sugar, let it carb up and then either serve from keg, or bottle.

Any thoughts on this route for a Saison?

I think it may make more uniform carbonation across the batch, and save me a few hours. Let it sit in the keg for 2 weeks then drop it in the kegerator to cold crash.

How does this interact with any yeast currently in the beer that will "wake up" when primed?

They'll have a gang fight like the sharks and the jets in West side story, and the winner gets the turf (your beer) .... :)

They'll work together and get your beer carbed faster than if you were relying on just the older, more tired yeast.

If I hear snapping coming from that keg....

Ok, sounds good. Ordered a pack. Hopefully get this beer moving along again.

If I hear snapping coming from that keg....

Ok, sounds good. Ordered a pack. Hopefully get this beer moving along again.

It's a fun yeast to play with... that and different sugars (dme, corn or table) are what I mess with when natural carbing some beers in the keg to try to recreate a Cask Ale.

Back