DIY Whiskey Barrel stand w/barrel rotation wheels!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWOKBrewer

Reaction score
Yup, that's what I want to talk about. Anyone have any ideas on how to build a stand for my whiskey barrel (55g) where I can spin by barrel? I'd like to be able to spin the barrel to drain from the bung hole. Casters?
While you guys are thinking about that, what about a DIY bung remover?

Go!

Yea, you will want some sort of casters on it with the ability to lock them. As for the bung, you could try screwing a screw in and using a hammer to pry it out, or drill a few pilot holes and break it and then try and fishing it out of the hole.

I would build a frame or table that can support the filled weight then get 4 urethane stationary casters and mount them evenly spaced to support the barrel so that it can rotate on the casters. Similar to this drum enrober.

I would build a frame or table that can support the filled weight then get 4 urethane stationary casters and mount them evenly spaced to support the barrel so that it can rotate on the casters. Similar to this drum enrober.
Forgot to attach the picture i would only use 2 on each side though
20181226_092419.jpeg

Large movers dolly with a non swivel caster upside down in the corners. Barrel sits on the wheels and spins easily.
Ratchet strap both ends to keep from moving unintentionally

Back