disfunctional quick disconnect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbelay

Reaction score
I am having some noob kegging problems. I have narrowed a foaming problem down to a faulty disconnect, I think. 3 keg system,2 hooked up and one has been foaming. I switched the line out to the other keg that was working right and that started foaming and the foaming one poured great. I took the disconnect apart and nothing looked out of sync. It seems to me the problem has to be in the beer out disconnect. Do I buy a new one or does anybody have any ideas?

I am having some noob kegging problems. I have narrowed a foaming problem down to a faulty disconnect, I think. 3 keg system,2 hooked up and one has been foaming. I switched the line out to the other keg that was working right and that started foaming and the foaming one poured great. I took the disconnect apart and nothing looked out of sync. It seems to me the problem has to be in the beer out disconnect. Do I buy a new one or does anybody have any ideas?

When you took the QD apart, did you notice whether or not you still have the little gasket? There should be a plastic piece with pointed ends, a spring, a gasket, and the top where you unscrewed it. It really sounds like you're missing the gasket.

I have the QD in front of me and all is accounted for. I did disconnect the line fron the DQ and there is a steel male/ female part that threads and there is a plastic end to the male threaded part that looks a little dinged up. Could this be it? Thanks YooperBrew for helping again . You have pointed me in the right direction in the past.

I have the same problem. I think I mixed up the seals between my 3 disconnects which I had apart at the time.
I haven't had the time to change them around and get the right combo to see if this is the problem.

I'm a bit confused on how you explained it. Are you certain it's the disconnect or is it the post on the keg? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the beer our post on the keg. I changed all of the o-rings on it and am hoping the problem is solved when i tap it next time. the same quick disconnect that I was using on that keg worked fine on the next keg.

It turned out to be the QD. There was a couple of burrs on the plastic seal that is glued(?) to the threaded portion of the QD. This is the male part that connects to the beer line. Time to drink.

Latest posts

Back