Did I screw up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemmiwinks

Reaction score
I know the most common answer is no but the more I read, the more I'm getting nervous.
Brewed an Imperial stout last night that came in at about 1.102. Rehydrated and proofed (which I now know I shouldn't have) 2 packets of US-05 with a tsp. of table sugar that sat proofed for about 45-60 minute before I pitched it.
Am I worrying for nothing?

probably. there's no need to rehydrate with sugar water, just plain pre boiled and cooled water will work fine, but i doubt you need to worry at this point.

Which is what I usually do but the online version of How To Brew (which i now know is outdated) had the proofing method in there.

Any chance of off favors from the table sugar or would they even be noticeable with the type of beer it is?

Thanks fellas.
Seems every time I worry, it's for nothing.
Recurring theme.
One thing I'm pretty sure I did mess up is 5g kettle.
Scorched it a little last night and had vinegar and water boiling this AM to try and break it up. Got sidetracked by one of the kids and needless to say all the liquid boiled off and the pot sat empty on the burner for about 10 minutes.
This just speeds up my conversion to AG since I was going to get a 10g in a few weeks.
Guess who's going to the LHBS today? :mug:

Latest posts

Back