Did I just screw up my brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterOJ

Reaction score
OK, I know I probably didn't hurt anything with my brew, but I want to hear that from some folks so I won't worry about it.

Just finished my second brew. Pitched my yeast, put the lid on the bucket and popped in the airlock... and the rubber gasket popped out and went into the wort. (It was sanitized, so no worries there.) I thought it would float, but alas, it didn't.

I tried fishing it out with my spoon to no avail, so I poured it through a strainer back into the brew pot until I could find the pesky gasket. Then I poured the wort back into the bucket and sealed it up.

Everything should be fine. Right?:confused:

You'll be just fine. That happens to just about everyone at one time or another.

that happened to me on one of the first times I brewed! I didn't know what to do, and didn't want to risk contaminating it by trying to fish it out, so I just duct-taped the airlock in place. It worked great, and the beer was very good. You will be fine.

Latest posts

Back