Did I infect my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidHawman

Reaction score
So I took a sample of my beer last night with a sanitized measuring cup to take a FG reading after 1 week of no bubbling in the airlock. I looked today to see my airlock bubbling but very slowly(about 1 bubble every 2 minutes).

Did I infect my beer and thats why I am seeing activity? Its 7.1% ABV according to the FG reading I took so hopefully this will inhibit anything that may have gotten in?

Or hopefully is it more likely that I resealed it with a bit higher pressure air(the barometer is falling) and its just equalizing?

Beer tasted great and I hope I didn't ruin it!

Airlock bubbles are not a sign of fermentation. Your beer is very, very unlikely infected.

What you should be asking yourself is...is my hydrometer reading where I expected it to be? If so, feel free to rack it.

The FG is spot on but the beer was still very, very cloudy so I am going to let it sit for another 2 weeks before I bottle.

Thanks for the reassurance. I am going to go drink a beer.

Back