Deep Six Brewery - back in action!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You had me at 10 TAPS! Greetings from Maryland! Great work so far. I can't wait to see more pics.

I just found this thread today. Sucks about the flood but I believe that you totally made out on this. Awesome, Good for you. Enjoy it.

-ray

BTW: Your logo is cool too.

Just came across this thread by accident today...
I must say, I am so jealous right now of your build!
I feel as though I should kneel down and preach "I am not worthy!"!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the bar and all of the equipment in place!

Well, just know that most of the taps- at least initially- will be commercial. Hell, I'll probably always have Bud Light on tap just to appease the women folk in my area. :p

You should challenge yourself to make something for the womenfolk. If you can find it Sam Adams Noble Pils has an incredible hops aroma, and a Very light body. Something along those lines can even be appreciated by neanderthals, while it is actually a great beer.

We have a group of them that is more about the low calories..

I met with the cabinet guys this AM while my wood was being delivered.. found out it was milled / harvested in 1863 in North Carolina. It is very unique and has a ton of character. We have decided to accentuate the 'character' (ie- worm and nail holes, etc) and the top will be made from 2 pieces of 2"x8" beams glued together left nearly completely rustic.. you can see all the cuts from the saw blade, etc. They should have something to show for it next week and I'll take some photos.. can't wait!

oooooh, thats gonna be awesome!
I love the rustic look!

We have a group of them that is more about the low calories..

I met with the cabinet guys this AM while my wood was being delivered.. found out it was milled / harvested in 1863 in North Carolina. It is very unique and has a ton of character. We have decided to accentuate the 'character' (ie- worm and nail holes, etc) and the top will be made from 2 pieces of 2"x8" beams glued together left nearly completely rustic.. you can see all the cuts from the saw blade, etc. They should have something to show for it next week and I'll take some photos.. can't wait!

062510B.jpg

Have you used the fan yet? I have a similar setup and my fan died after one use! I did a one hour boil off test yesterday, and this morning it's dead. I bypassed the variable speed fan control to rule that out. This sucks. Can you tell me the mfg of your fan? Thanks.

Sorry, was out of town. Yeah, we use it quite a bit.. haven't had any problems. I can't find a name on the fan.. did you purchase yours from McMaster as well?

Well, just know that most of the taps- at least initially- will be commercial. Hell, I'll probably always have Bud Light on tap just to appease the women folk in my area. :p

Ha Yep, Gotta keep the woman folk happy :D

I totally understand that.

The wood sounds great, can't wait to see it. A few years back we shipped out of Baltimore a whole building of re-claimed lumber from an old seafood / canning company downtown in the Canton area (early 1900's). It was really cool old wood. Old nails and branded in lots of places. It ended up going to Long Island for a bar project. It tuned out awesome.

Looking forward to see this project finish up so you can brew your stuff!

This was elsewhere in the thread but sort of hidden.. Here is the fan I bought.

Thanks. One more question if I could bother you, does it spin cw or ccw? I may be able to just replace the motor without pulling the whole works out of the wall. They sell two of the exact same motor, and with my luck, i'd buy the one that would blow outside air back in my face.

EDIT Never mind, I bought a motor for it this morning. Thanks.

That's great! Did you build the cabinet yourself? I've always wanted to build a real mame machine :D

Here are the first photos of the bar.. it is coming along. They think it will be ready in about 2 weeks or so.

That is the entertainment cabinet standing behind it:
IMG_20101006_091950.jpg

Here is an up-close shot of the cabinet doors. He is saving the wood with the most 'character' for the front of the bar and entertainment center:
IMG_20101006_092007.jpg

And here is a shot of some of the unfinished heart pine just laid out next to each other:
IMG_20101006_091930.jpg

A little progress- I got the kegerator all wired up last weekend and been running it for the last week to test.. was able to just re-purpose the original wiring to an old Love controller I had.

kegerator110.jpg

Thumbs up on the rough finish! I think it goes well with the paneling and will add a bit of character to the "newness" of the rest of your space.

thats about 3 LEED points you got there. might as well go and get the rest of them for LEED certification.

Looks amazing, I love the rough finish. I can't wait to see it completed. Sooo jealous right now. I will have to wait for my next house to do something like this. I don't have the room.

I'm driving out there tomorrow morning to look at it all.. he said the photos don't do it justice. Can't wait to see it after it has been varnished, but that will be in another week or so.

My buddy has a rough top bar like that, splinters are an issue since it is unfinished. Can't tell if yours is or not.

Foot rail/rest of some kind is a must I HATE sitting at bars without them/

Went to check it out this morning.. it looks great and exactly what I was hoping for- precision, yet rustic. The top is sanded just enough to not have splinters.. might be a slight problem in a few places but won't be an issue overall. I'm looking into bar rails- kinda wanted something rustic or different. I remember seeing someone online who made custom bar rails out of heavy twisted wire which might look cool.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. It is going to look so different in my bar- it is huge! But not so big it won't fit in..

This place is really great and they have a lot of different things you may be able to incorporate for your rail:

http://www.kingmetals.com/Default.aspx?page=category search results&CatList=30114&Parent=375&tree=168*Hand+Forged+Steel*0%40%40369*Hand+Forged+Steel+Decorative+Bars*0%40%40375*Grooved+%26+Hammered+Square+Bar*30114@@

Here's a page with some forged bars, may work for you. We use them here at work when we need casting crap for railing or fencing.

Hope it helps.

I was at a bar the other day that had the footrail made from 1" rebar, bent and molded to look nice. Might be a nice touch to the existing rustic look.

Back