Deep Six Brewery - back in action!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We shall see about the fan.. it is rated at 2000/cfm, but I'm guessing I'll have to open all the windows and doors while I boil. But that is down the road a ways..

I was a bit disappointed in my fan. Condensation built up on the shroud during the boil, and it dripped a little back on the brew table. I will keep the door going to the garage open next time to see if that helps.

Why, thank you. :) I'm becoming more and more proud of it now that it is *finally* taking shape.

I finally decided on my beer tower.. ACU Precision Sheet Metal is going to make it for me and will look just like this photo except it will only serve from one side and be brushed stainless steel. It is 5' long and has 12 taps. :mug:

pssthrudblsvc.jpg

That'll be absolutely gorgeous in it's simplicity and functionality. And, the urinal is cool too.

So the entire bar above the keezer is on a piano hinge there? Looks pretty nicely hidden. I am loving this build, keep it up! :D

Updates??? Those of us living vicariously through you need to know!

Still waiting on my saloon doors.. Not sure what the hold up is- will call him in a minute to find out. We still have to level the freezer with the rest of the countertops. I guess we have about 3 weeks before the beer tower arrives.. Gonna be a long wait. Have any of you ever shopped for bar stools? My gawd there are too many damn options! I hate to do it, but I guess I'm just gonna take my tv, etc out of my bedroom and put them in the bar.. Then replace it all in my bedroom in a few months. Umm.. I still have to purchase all the shanks, faucets, etc for the beer tower. My initial thought will be to air cool it with two fans (one pushing, one pulling) instead of trying to run a glycol loop, bit if that doesn't work, I'll revert back to adding glycol. Hmm.. What else..

For a tap system that large I would use glycol. This is a very impressive build.
How is the lighting going to be around the bar? Anything special?

Have any of you ever shopped for bar stools? My gawd there are too many damn options!

Yes, and outrageous prices. I'm not paying $300 for a bar stool. I'm running out of cash on my build so I got some cheapies off of ebay. They look ok, but I couldn't recommend them to anyone who weighs over 175lbs.:p They'll do for now until I can find something better.

If your shopping online, great customer service and prices from this place. http://www.onewayfurniture.com/

Build your own out of threaded pipe. Pretty east to cover a flat piece of wood with foam and then whatever material you want to make the seat. Be sturdy as hell.

When I sit at the bar it's going to be a while. I require a back rest and preferably arm rest's.:)

Nice grain matching there. The guy knows what he is doing. The wood has so much character as well - awesome doors.

Subscribed. And extremely jealous! Wish I had that kind of space, my whole backyard is about the size of your bar!

I neeeed too subscribe to this... it's simply amazing! I've read through all of your other builds (including Deep Six v3.0... where's the update on that one, btw? :D) and I must see the finished product!!

I'm gonna try two fans at first.. One pushing, one pulling. If that doesn't work, I'll switch it to glycol, but I'm hoping it works with some good fans.

It will be mainly commercial at first, but will hopefully have at least four of the taps switched to home brew in the coming months. But like I said earlier, i'll probably always have Bud Light and Yuengling Light on tap to appease the womenfolk.. :)

What is the diameter of that pipe? You can get 4" duct fans that move a ton of air that would probably be perfect for that. HD site search for duct fan and click on the first one.

you can run the lines up one side, and put the fan on the other. The fan is designed to push 80 cfm through like 50 foot pipe runs..

though i guess with 12 taps they all wouldn't fit inside the pipe if it wasn't quite wide without splitting them up, not much room left for air flow... maybe you would have to use a 45 degree wye on each end and send half up each side, then push air from one end and pull from the other.

4in_snap_wye.jpg

I've been avidly reading this site for some time now, and never felt the need to comment on anything... until now. This build is simply amazing. Congrats man.

Thanks for the ideas. Cooling the tower is the next project to tackle. Yeah.. it is 4" tubing. Wonder how quiet the duct fan would be? I was thinking some real high quality Pabst (german) fans that are super quiet but move a lot of air..

My beer guy just called.. first up on tap is a keg of Sierra's Celebration Ale!

Man, all this almost makes me want to up my flood insurance and pray for a flood. I am about 300 feet above the 500 year flood plane.

Tsunami...?

Awww man you trumped my 8-tap tower! :D But mine's got electronics inside :p

Cheers, looking great! :mug: I love the continuous drip tray.

-Joe

Latest posts

Back