Deep Six Brewery - back in action!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plumbers and the alarm installers came by today to get all that planned out.. that all should happen early next week. I'm having hot/cold water run to the building along with a 3/4" pipe for natural gas.. I have around 500k btus at the meter so I should have plenty in the brewery for my 200k burner.

Yes, the brewery will be wired up with a top notch security system.. so don't even try it (I'm looking at you Carl)! heh

I'll send a eggbeater over and snap up the complete brew shed, what's a brewery without a great shed like you built? I'm jealous beyond comprehension but proud of your build, congrats. I can't believe how fast it came together for springtime brewing. The house back together also or the brewery was first?

I'll send a eggbeater over and snap up the complete brew shed, what's a brewery without a great shed like you built? I'm jealous beyond comprehension but proud of your build, congrats. I can't believe how fast it came together for springtime brewing. The house back together also or the brewery was first?

Hmm.. didn't think about that! heh

Yeah, the house came first. It is hard to believe that it will be a year since the flood this Saturday (April 3rd).

I posted some photos of the finished house in this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/welp-im-out-business-112710

A little progress today.. painting is nearly done and the shutters were hung. Electricity will be turned on tomorrow.

03-23-10.jpg

Where did you get those ballusters for the railings? Pre-build or did your guys build them, they are slick. I'm re-doing my deck and would love something like that.

-Old Nick

Epic Man-cave... A sink, electricity and a great water supply... A/C... epic!

Flat screen, surround sound system, refrigerator, microwave plus a heater.
Heck I can live in it, leave the wife and kids in the house. This in my yard
after the building transplant. I thought my freebie HD shed was a good find
I want to knock it down after reading this thread.
If you have a brass pole then I will take it.

I think there would be something to be said about a square layout with a nice work station in the center.

You could have a "race-track" layout with all the fixtures and equipment around the edges of the room, then some stainless tables in the middle for workspace.

Are you going to put a drinking lounge area in there? If so I think a rectangle could be more conducive to separate spaces (ala drinking/brewing)

how about a drinking space that's like a "chef's table" that classy restaurants use?( i watch kitchen nightmares wayyyyy too much)

i'm slightly behind as i'm still on page 1 but...still worth a thought eh?

Where did you get those ballusters for the railings? Pre-build or did your guys build them, they are slick. I'm re-doing my deck and would love something like that.

-Old Nick

Nick, Try Home Depot. They have them in their mill work department. They are wrought iron balusters.

John Beere, may I just once again say I HATE you!
Houses that size cost more than I can afford here!
Otherwise, wow, thanks for sharing, now all you have to do is get the equipment inside and start brewing.
It will be nice to have you back brewing great beers and sharing your recipes.

Small update.. life got busy there for the last few weeks. The plumbing, gas, and security system is installed.. insulation is happening this AM and then the ceiling and walls will go in early next week. We've also got it wired for sound, directv, networking, etc..

And I thought I was getting serious when I upgraded from a bucket to a carbouy! Awesome brewery, I love the layout.

Finally I can post an update.. The painter will start on Monday and the tile floor will go in soon after she is finished. Here are some photos:

Looking forward:
05-07-10A.jpg

Looking back:
05-07-10B.jpg

Floor Drain:
05-07-10C.jpg

3x220v/30a for new HLT:
05-07-10D.jpg

Exhaust Fan goes here:
05-07-10E.jpg

And just for fun.. my new HLT and Mashtun sitting next to my current boil kettle for comparison. I still haven't brought the larger boil kettle home yet..

05-07-10F.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what are your MT and HLT? they look like giant kegs...

No big big big kegs!

The only thing I see not being negative is on my rental houses with all copper plumbing plus 17 gauge traps I use 3/8" high grade multi layer marine grade plywood instead of partical board flooring. Made totally idiot proof should a leak or tenant flood the bathroom, toilet, kitchen or laundry room, a couple floods and that partical board becomes a big lumpy mushy flooring needing replacement. I'm not into doing another total flooring replacement due to one spill or a short flooding problem. Since your flooring in already nailed down I would seal it to make it waterproof before adding the final covering. JMO vs doing it twice later been there done that.

No big big big kegs!

The only thing I see not being negative is on my rental houses with all copper plumbing plus 17 gauge traps I use 3/8" high grade multi layer marine grade plywood instead of partical board flooring. Made totally idiot proof should a leak or tenant flood the bathroom, toilet, kitchen or laundry room, a couple floods and that partical board becomes a big lumpy mushy flooring needing replacement. I'm not into doing another total flooring replacement due to one spill or a short flooding problem. Since your flooring in already nailed down I would seal it to make it waterproof before adding the final covering. JMO vs doing it twice later been there done that.

The flooring is a special type of OSB that uses a type of resin to waterproof it which is guaranteed to last 50 years.. It's the same stuff we used in my house after the flood. I know it costs more than marine plywood..

Back