Deep Six Brewery - back in action!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer a couple of questions.. this is the same crew who rebuilt my house. There are two guys building and one guy cutting / carrying. I haven't got to the inside yet.. not really sure what it will have, but I can tell you that it will be some sort of heavy tile and will have at least one floor drain.

Here is today's progress.. the electrical is wrapped up and they got the stairs built. The roofers will be here tomorrow AM.

3-05-10.jpg

You're going to want a ramp to get heavy items in there. You could probably build one that fits securely on top of the stairs which can be lifted off and stored under the porch. Just a thought.

Yes, it will definitely have a ramp I can lay over the stairs.. thought about that just the other day. :)

Here are a few more photos from inside:

Here are the three 30-amp/220v plugs for version 3.0 of my rig:
3-06-10B.jpg

You can see another 30-amp / 220v plug on the back wall which is where version 2.0 will sit:
3-06-10C.jpg

And here is in the back corner looking forward towards the front. I plan on putting a desk there and a TV mounted on the wall.
3-06-10D.jpg

I've got two boston butts on @ 220 for the long smoke overnight.. they will be ready by dinner tomorrow!

John,

We love our egg also. If you ever have an inclination to get a little larger smoker one day may I suggest a Spicewine. We drag ours to BBQ competitions all over the northeast. The cooker is built like a Sherman Tank and will hold temperature for better than 24 hours using a BBQ Guru. Best of luck with your new brewery. I felt badly when I heard about the flood.

700_P1010011.JPG

700_P1010010.JPG

That's an awesome looking smoker! We have a super cooker for tailgating and neighborhood parties but no slow cooker like that. I also have a BBQ Guru for my BGE- love it!

Quick update on the brewey.. the windows won't be in until Friday earliest.. so we are kinda stuck. The roofers and electricians finished today, but I don't think much else will get wrapped up until the windows get installed..

I need one of those, that way when I get sent to "the doghouse" it wouldn't be so bad. lmao
Great job on it looks really good.

Very nice, I like it.:mug:

Thanks for providing motivation for me to get going on my half finished brew shed.

Of course unlike you, i'm doing everything myself, and digging for every penny possible.:D

Yes people, jealousy rears it's ugly head again.

I would be glad to be sent to the "doghouse" by the War Department.
Looking good better than some peoples regular house, congrats.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be in the doghouse for spending too much time "in" the doghouse...

And that is nicer than my house...

seriously, you are my hero!!!!

where does a guy find a wife who lets him build his own microbrew in the backyard...amazing!!!!!

Well, first you get a divorce.. then you build the brewery. It's genius!

hahah

Looks awesome man. Makes me realize I'd rather wait until I can afford to do it right like that instead of rush into whatever I could afford now.
Are you going to be doing anything around the bottom for trim such as lattice or keep it open?

Quick update.. GA Power will be here on Wednesday to hook up the power.. The weather was finally nice enough today for the painter to start painting.. And the landscapers came and roughed in the sidewalk.. Here are a couple of photos:

03-22-10a.jpg

03-22-10b.jpg

So if you don't mind , maybe through a PM, what's a project like this run with a friend doing the labor? I have a friend who is in the same business and is constantly doing projects like this for people and I get a pretty good rate from him.

I got my final inspection today.. no problems. Am glad that is over.. now I can start freely working on the inside and move my stuff back home.

Here is a photo of the sidewalk which branches off the firepit to the brewery:

3-25-10a.jpg

And here is the best photo I could take of the loft above it.. plenty of room to store all my crap!

3-25-10b.jpg

Back