December 2013 New England Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we should have the delivery on Thursday next week. Redman67 can't do Saturday to sort so it is going to need to be Sunday. We are going to need 6 people to sort. Also if some of the sorters could bring a digital scale for the splits that would be great. If you want to sort please post in the thread and plan on coming about an hour before the rest of the people.

This is the way that the distribution of the grain goes.

1) Your HBT name is called
2) You and I go to your grain pile and check over your order
3) Everyone helps get it to your car
4) You stay to help other people load their cars
5) Rinse and repeat until ALL the orders are put away.

If you can't make it to the sort you need to talk to Redman67 about holding your grain. There will be no giving out grain before the sort. Also if you don't contact Redman67 about holding your grain and it is left over at the end of the sort I will not be responsible for it.

If you beat feet after you get your grain with out helping load other people's cars you will be refused entrance into the next buys. If you need to leave early please let me know via PM ASAP

This is the most people in one buy that we have had thus far. So things might be a bit hectic at the sort if you aren't sorting please try and stay out of the way. Don't mess with your pile of grain or any other grain. If you take your grain before your name is call again you will not be allowed entrance into future buys.

I will be happy to sort the grain order with you guys. I will put it in my schedule and will be able to make it whenever you want that day. This is ismedeiros88 on the grain buy, but now Its changed to IvanTheTerribrew. Thanks again for putting this together!

- ISM NRP

For the guys who PM'd about meeting in Union, CT and Fitchburg, MA could you PM me again. We will have to coordinate whose bags I need to pick up and meeting times once once is selected for the pickup. I'll be able to meet you both on Sunday after the pickup.

I might be able to help sort depending on how early it is. Just got a brand new 75 lb digital scale that I can bring as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Home Brew mobile app

We should be good for scales as I have one also
Don't forget to bring something to put your grain into for splitters
Pm me if you need the address

Id like to give the neighbors some time to get up, so I was thinking sorting start at 11 am

I was planning on coming to sort but hurt my back the other week. If it's gotten better by then, I will come help with it, otherwise I may have limited potential to help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm going to meet a guy tonight that has 15 gallon air tight open top barrels for sale for $5 piece if anyone's interested. PM me before 6

Yeah still need a few people to help sort. I was hoping that some of the newer members of the buy would help out. It would be great to have 2 or 3 more helpers.

So everyone that has volunteered to sort so far should plan on showing up at the by for 11am. Since we have so many orders and splits to sort plan on the main disbursement to take place at 12:30pm

Yeah still need a few people to help sort. I was hoping that some of the newer members of the buy would help out. It would be great to have 2 or 3 more helpers.

So everyone that has volunteered to sort so far should plan on showing up at the by for 11am. Since we have so many orders and splits to sort plan on the main disbursement to take place at 12:30pm

Hey, hope you still me down as one of the helpers, my buddy probably is gonna come along with me just for the fun of it and he would be happy to help out too. See you then

- ISM NRP

Whoops, forgot I have plans. Anyone on the south shore that could pick up two bags for me? Can't really skip my son's birthday, even for beer!

Try bugging him again. So If you have volunteered to sort as of this message plan on showing up at 11am at Redman's house. If you have splits please bring a bucket or other container. One of the 5 gallon buckets can fit just about half a bag.

Got the days mixed up in my head. I can make it on Sunday and can help sort. Might be a little late. Doh.

I'm coming from Medford, if anyone in the Boston area can't make it I can grab 5ish additional bags and we can figure out a pickup time at my house. Pm me.

Also can come sort if it's still needed, let me know.

just picked up the barrels I posted about,and they are very nice. I should be able to get some more for Sunday Let me know

How long do sorters have to stick around? I can come at 11 and help for a couple of hours, but can't commit to staying much past 1.

Count me in to be there at 11 to help sort.

I have a newborn at home so unfortunately I cannot stick around much past 1.

Redman I will PM you for an address.

Thanks much guys for putting this together.

Also for anyone that wants them I am going to bring 125 culture vials. If you want them they are going to be $1.00 each with the cap. You can do cash or PayPal.

Back