December 2013 New England Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me the shoeless dude from NH will be making the trek in the snow :D

I have to say he was the highlight of the last group buy.

popcorn.gif

So, uh, what're the details about the pickup? When will the times be? I might be able to help out for a while and am wicked strong! ;)

Anyway after all the BS I am back and able to post. If you are planning on coming for the sort please bring a tarp if you can to set grain bags on. We normally use the driveway to sort and I expect that it is going to be wet.

On future buys. The only way that you will be included is by sending me an email. Most likely there will only be 10 to 20 bags available at a time once every other month. I will send out emails to the folks who have helped the buy will get the emails first. Then I will send out an email to the rest. The next order is going to be the one that I place as an initial order for the brewery. So that one we could have a extra pallet or 2.

If you sent me a PM with your email I will need you to still email me directly. donovan.bailey.1 and add a gmail.com to the end. I am going to use the email system mailchimp to send out the emails so you might get some newsletters from the Brewery also. So just be aware of that and not assume I am trying to spam you.

Anyway after all the BS I am back and able to post. If you are planning on coming for the sort please bring a tarp if you can to set grain bags on. We normally use the driveway to sort and I expect that it is going to be wet.

On future buys. The only way that you will be included is by sending me an email. Most likely there will only be 10 to 20 bags available at a time once every other month. I will send out emails to the folks who have helped the buy will get the emails first. Then I will send out an email to the rest. The next order is going to be the one that I place as an initial order for the brewery. So that one we could have a extra pallet or 2.

If you sent me a PM with your email I will need you to still email me directly. donovan.bailey.1 and add a gmail.com to the end. I am going to use the email system mailchimp to send out the emails so you might get some newsletters from the Brewery also. So just be aware of that and not assume I am trying to spam you.

Sounds good, I'll try to find a tarp but it's a bit too last minute for me since I'm at work. See you all in the morning!

- ISM NRP

If anyone is interested, I was given two 11-lb bags of US Goldings hops from 2008. They've been sealed and refrigerated the whole time. I'd be happy to give away at least one bag, and probably both.

Sounds good, I'll try to find a tarp but it's a bit too last minute for me since I'm at work. See you all in the morning!

- ISM NRP

Oh I was thinking that if you had one at your house that you could bring. If you have to go out and buy it don't do that.

If you are getting rid of the Hops I will take one bag. Even if they aren't good for regular brewing I will age them out for pLambic brewing.

If anyone is interested, I was given two 11-lb bags of US Goldings hops from 2008. They've been sealed and refrigerated the whole time. I'd be happy to give away at least one bag, and probably both.

I'd love to get some to use in some lambics as well if you decide to give away both bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The hops are pelletized. Haven't opened them, so have no idea how cheesy they are. I'll definitely bring a bag, maybe both (someone in the South Coast Homebrew Association asked for 6 ounces).

Are you all okay for sorting? I may be able to get there earlier, but the wife is coming with me. If she is done with her run early enough we may be able to make it to sort. My back is still sort of messed up but I could probably still be useful. By the way, Donovan still count me in for some vials (25?) and Redman I'm still down for 2 barrels if you can

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks to everyone for making this happen, and especially to kaz4121 for slogging my 3 bags up to Fitchburg, saving me 3 hours of additional driving...

everything worked out ..

I am now confident I will be able to brew enough beer for my daughter's wedding in Sep !

yeah thanks to all, especially crazyirishman and redman for organizing/facilitating everything and everyone who helped me load up my Jeep to the brim!

Hopefully see you guys next time.

Kaz, good to hear you made it home with all that. Wanted to echo my thanks to Crazy and Redman, as well as participants. Seemed to go very smoothly (easy for me to say, just showing up to find my grain all sorted). Thanks, all!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Damn! Only if i get an equivalent value gift certificate for $500 worth of tasty DTR beers.

When we run the Crowd funding campaign again hopefully successfully this time. One of the rewards is going to be a membership into what we are calling "The Growler Guild". It is one of the Hydroflask 64oz Stainless Growlers that has a pewter crest and it will entitle you to 12 fills, 4 bottles of the flagship beers, Invites to all the private functions, and first dibs on the limited release beers for the first 2 years of production.

Also if folks are interested in the yeast slanting and culturing clinic I would be happy to offer a hands on basic class. If you are interested in coming to my house and learning to culture slants from start to finish send me a PM. If we can get say 10 guys and/or gals interested in a class I would be happy to teach one.

Also if folks are interested in the yeast slanting and culturing clinic I would be happy to offer a hands on basic class. If you are interested in coming to my house and learning to culture slants from start to finish send me a PM. If we can get say 10 guys and/or gals interested in a class I would be happy to teach one.

I'd be down to join if you decide to do that. I have been researching it today and ordered a pressure cooker and all the lab gear off Amazon earlier. By the way, I may pick up more tubes from you if we do this. The test tube rack I found to fit these holds 40. I could probably trade a few for an inoculation loop if you need one because I had to order a 3pack. Stay in touch!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I too would like to say thanks! TLR was great to pick up my bags and bring them back to Maine, and Donovan and Redman for hosting this buy.

Does anyone have an interest in some bulk Belgian Candi Syrup? I can buy it in bulk for $4 lbs shipped. I would need to buy one type in 50lbs jugs. Check out the website

http://www.candisyrup.com/

We could get any kind in the pouch. I could use from half to a quarter of a pail of the D-180

OK everyone who is interested in the yeast class I have a time date and location. It is going to be at the Craft Beer Cellars in Newton Center, MA on Tuesday March 18th from 6:30p to 8p. If you want to attend send me a PM. I am going to put together a list of stuff that is needed and put an Eventbrite ticket up that covers the cost for the materials. If you have all of the stuff I will put up a ticket to cover the cost of the space.

Does anyone have an interest in some bulk Belgian Candi Syrup? I can buy it in bulk for $4 lbs shipped. I would need to buy one type in 50lbs jugs. Check out the website

http://www.candisyrup.com/

We could get any kind in the pouch. I could use from half to a quarter of a pail of the D-180

I'd be interested, but I definitely wouldn't need a lot... But sign me up with the caveat that there'd have to be enough people in to make it so I didn't have 5 gallons of it lol.

http://www.candisyrup.com/uploads/6/0/3/5/6035776/westvleteren_12_clone_--_019xii.pdf

Ohhh yaaaa

Ive got a bunch of pin locks for sale @ $30 a piece they still need to be cleaned inside and out
PM me if your interested

The buy ended a month ago, but Irishman runs it pretty regularly. Send him a PM.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I am also planning on running a crowdfunding campaign soon. The big thing will be a bottle club that will include 8 bottles of the big beers, 4 bottles of barrel aged special beers, a SS growler that gets you $2 off fills for our first year. Tickets to the soft opening party and the one year party were you will have a chance to buy a bottle of the aniversry beer

I am also planning on running a crowdfunding campaign soon. The big thing will be a bottle club that will include 8 bottles of the big beers, 4 bottles of barrel aged special beers, a SS growler that gets you $2 off fills for our first year. Tickets to the soft opening party and the one year party were you will have a chance to buy a bottle of the aniversry beer

Bump.

Any news on the crowdfunding campaign?

Sign me up...

Back