December 2013 New England Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also for anyone that wants them I am going to bring 125 culture vials. If you want them they are going to be $1.00 each with the cap. You can do cash or PayPal.

Are they the northern brewer ones you posted about before? Are they good to use to freeze yeast? If so I'd be interested in some.

- ISM NRP

Yes they are close to the same as the Northern Brewer ones but they have a rubber seal in the cap and the NB ones are paper. They are great for doing slants and freezing yeast. If you do a slant and flood it with glycerin you can freeze the slant no problem. But slants will keep for 6 months in the firdge as is.

Also the order did not come in today as expected. With the weather I am not surprised. I will call NCM tomorrow morning and see what is going on with the order.

Let's cross our fingers for delivery. I'd be interested 24 of those vials you have mentioned

Talked to the barrel guy should be barrels a plenty come next week end
So everyone who has already sent me a pm about them will get what they wanted. Anyone else who wants em can shoot me a pm to reserve theirs

New Pick up info

The new date for pick up is Saturday, February 22nd starting at 12:30pm

we will still need a few people to sort starting at 11am if you can make it to help out, please post

they hold a little over 1 bag a piece
the guy lives the next town over so im gong to hold off till Saturday to see the final count and shoot over and pick em up then

I had said I'd be available to sort last weekend, but I won't know if I'll be available to help this weekend until about Friday. I'll check back on Friday to see what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So the the powers that be banned Donovan's second account and removed the offending thread to mask the fact that they are abusing the trust and power that you are placing in them. If you want this type of censorship and abuse of a person who has taken his personal time and effort to continue do nothing. If you want to support the person that has helped you get grain and other ingredients at wholesale costs for over 2 years now send txbrew a PM telling him you are outraged at the mistreatment of Donovan.

I am sure that the overlords will be deleting this message also. So send txbrew a message that we are not going to take the abitrary banning of people who contribute to the homebrew community. And we are not going to take the censorship of this site any longer.

So the the powers that be banned Donovan's second account and removed the offending thread to mask the fact that they are abusing the trust and power that you are placing in them. If you want this type of censorship and abuse of a person who has taken his personal time and effort to continue do nothing. If you want to support the person that has helped you get grain and other ingredients at wholesale costs for over 2 years now send txbrew a PM telling him you are outraged at the mistreatment of Donovan.

I am sure that the overlords will be deleting this message also. So send txbrew a message that we are not going to take the abitrary banning of people who contribute to the homebrew community. And we are not going to take the censorship of this site any longer.

Wait so what happened to they banned Donovan? And what do you mean by censorship

- ISM NRP

There was a person posting in the electric brewing section that it was OK to use automotive wire in a brewery control panel. Donovan went in to correct the person and to state that in fact you would be creating a dangerous situation. The person who was stating that automotive wire was OK in your brewery panel kept stating that it was OK and started to insult Donovan. Then Donovan started to poke fun at the guy ect. The forum Mod PASSEDPAWN sent him a PM stating that if he wanted to be taken seriously that he would not poke fun at the dumb ass. No mention of banning in any PMs. He made one last statement that wasn't even insulting in the thread and was banned with out warning or explanation.

The censorship comes in when they deleted the thread that got Donovan banned so that you could not come to your own conclusion about the situation.

Sorry for the interruption in your group buy here. Crazy was banned for 2 days with cause.

I don't have the time or desire to censor normal conversation around here. If I see taunting and argumentative posts, they will get edited or removed. This is in fact one of the few things that the mods do here. As always, if you have a problem with anything I do, feel free to contact me, or PM TxBrew with your concerns (it's his site - he's the boss).

If you fill a post with comments like the following, then you can expect that to be "censored".

"Do you work for Fox News???"

"Man if you were a Republican congress man you would be set for life."

"you can take your back handed complements and stick them were the sun doesn't shine."

"Could you just take your ball and go home please"

BTW, second accounts are against the rules here, so it was removed.

Nutty, the thread you are referring to was removed by another mod because of several complaints we had regarding it. In fact, that mod probably has no idea crazy posted there. The suggestion that we removed it to hide something is false. There's no conspiracy here.

Sorry for the interruption in your group buy here. Crazy was banned for 2 days with cause.

I don't have the time or desire to censor normal conversation around here. If I see taunting and argumentative posts, they will get edited or removed. This is in fact one of the few things that the mods do here. As always, if you have a problem with anything I do, feel free to contact me, or PM TxBrew with your concerns (it's his site - he's the boss).

If you fill a post with comments like the following, then you can expect that to be "censored".

BTW, second accounts are against the rules here, so it was removed.

Nutty, the thread you are referring to was removed by another mod because of several complaints we had regarding it. In fact, that mod probably has no idea crazy posted there. The suggestion that we removed it to hide something is false. There's no conspiracy here.

So you are telling everyone that the other person who was also involved with the discussion was totally in the right? That he didn't continue to state the same thing over and over? That he didn't make derogatory or backhanded comments? Or is it that you were able to bully him into submitting? It is odd that we can read the thread that is involved because it was deleted by "someone else" that had no involvement at all. I also find it interesting that you only post the justification for your actions against Crazy. We can't and don't see what led to his frustration with the other person just what Crazy wrote.

Honestly in my mind the only one of those statements that were supposed to have come from Crazy that is even remotely offensive is the sick it were the sun don't shine. And I find it perplexing that you are willing to use those exact some words in our thread to justify your ban on Crazy.

Also I am sure that Crazy just created the second HBT id to let everyone know what was going on. Also to make sure that they knew everything was ok with the order. But again we can't see that because it was censored.

So you are telling everyone that the other person who was also involved with the discussion was totally in the right? That he didn't continue to state the same thing over and over? That he didn't make derogatory or backhanded comments? Or is it that you were able to bully him into submitting? It is odd that we can read the thread that is involved because it was deleted by "someone else" that had no involvement at all. I also find it interesting that you only post the justification for your actions against Crazy. We can't and don't see what led to his frustration with the other person just what Crazy wrote.

Honestly in my mind the only one of those statements that were supposed to have come from Crazy that is even remotely offensive is the sick it were the sun don't shine. And I find it perplexing that you are willing to use those exact some words in our thread to justify your ban on Crazy.

Also I am sure that Crazy just created the second HBT id to let everyone know what was going on. Also to make sure that they knew everything was ok with the order. But again we can't see that because it was censored.

You assume much. There was absolutely no indication by anyone that Crazy was the only one in the wrong. That is a terrible insinuation on your part. All members involved were communicated to.

There are times where different mods perform actions without consulting any other mod. If someone is contacted about a problematic thread the mod may make a decision to clean up the distracting posts. FWIW I didn't even learn there was an issue on this until after it was all said and done.

Generally a reminder to be nice to each other is all that is needed to retain some order. The site owner tasks us to make sure that EVERBODY who visits can participate in this site and learn more about homebrewing in a pleasant manner. That is why arguing and mature-themed posts are not wanted in the On-Topic areas. There are Off-Topic forums for more of that stuff, and personal attacks are unwanted regardless, even in the Debate forum, where Civil Discussion about hot topics is also regulated.

Moderation on HBT involves seven moderators (if I've counted correctly) - we discuss issues among ourselves and come to what we think are fair and appropriate decisions. This isn't the decision of one moderator. Posts were deleted, warnings were given to stop and they were ignored. If you have concerns about moderation, rather than clogging up the forum, please contact TxBrew directly. He's fair and has reversed moderation in the past, if he thinks its appropriate.

And we are not going to take the censorship of this site any longer.

That's fine. You are welcome to make your own website and forum if you don't like the rules here. No one is forcing you to be here- however, for those who choose to be here we do expect people to comply with our rules.

As far as that electric thread, it was ME who moved it to the moderation area after complaints from others about the nastiness. I had no idea who/what/where it started, but it deteriorated into a mess that I didn't have time to sort through this morning.

If you have a complaint or an issue with any of the moderators, please feel free to contact me or TxBrew with your issue and you will be heard.

It will NOT be tolerated in an open forum.

Please keep in mind that members don't see all of the nasty PMs sent to moderators and aren't privy to all of the "behind the scenes" things that occur. We volunteer our time because we love the forum and this community, but we get some unpleasant messages when we are forced to moderate some threads.

If you can't trust us to do what is best for the forum, I'd suggest that a different forum might be a better fit. Obscene and abusive private messages to the moderators will NEVER be tolerated, but we will also not be publicizing them. Simply banning people is the usual outcome.

That's fine. You are welcome to make your own website and forum if you don't like the rules here. No one is forcing you to be here- however, for those who choose to be here we do expect people to comply with our rules.

As far as that electric thread, it was ME who moved it to the moderation area after complaints from others about the nastiness. I had no idea who/what/where it started, but it deteriorated into a mess that I didn't have time to sort through this morning.

If you have a complaint or an issue with any of the moderators, please feel free to contact me or TxBrew with your issue and you will be heard.

It will NOT be tolerated in an open forum.

Please keep in mind that members don't see all of the nasty PMs sent to moderators and aren't privy to all of the "behind the scenes" things that occur. We volunteer our time because we love the forum and this community, but we get some unpleasant messages when we are forced to moderate some threads.

If you can't trust us to do what is best for the forum, I'd suggest that a different forum might be a better fit. Obscene and abusive private messages to the moderators will NEVER be tolerated, but we will also not be publicizing them. Simply banning people is the usual outcome.

Who said anything about obscene or abusive PMs??? Come now that is a stretch.

Who said anything about obscene or abusive PMs??? Come now that is a stretch.

Communications with mods and other members is not made public and we will not discuss what happened with other members.

I think that this "grain buy" thread either needs to go back to discussing a group grain buy, or if it's fullfilled its purpose it needs to be closed.

OK then, on a lighter and far less accusatory note
I have a garage full of grain we are all set for this weekend

Back