Dear Mr. Kroger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
A bar INSIDE a supermarket! Who woulda thunk it! I raise a brain to you and salute the wisdom of your glass sir! FINALLY! I can spend the time together with my wife without actually having to speak to her while she does her shopping thing, and I do my drinking thing!! We have never been this close-ish for years!!

Not to be picky, but I do take issue with your offerings. Absolutely everything on offer is over-hopped, over-hyped or over there in the aisles. However, drinking your over priced sludge has inspired me to start brewing again so that I can avoid having to drink the crap you serve. (Did I mention how glad I am that you serve it?)

While I appreciate the chance to taste the beer before I buy it, I don't appreciate the chance to pay for said sample.....I get it, it's the done thing...It still stinks though. Being a tightwad, I always ask the barman what the beer is supposed to taste like rather than buy a sample. I do this because I know he will simply look up the sales pitch and read it out to me.

Notes for beer salesmen:-

a) I will not buy a beer on the very first mention of spring and butterflies.
b) I expect to know simply by the name of the beer what style it is, don't make me ask if a "Hand Shandy" is actually a shandy, because I will be expecting a hand job, especially for the prices you charge.
c) Learn to read my mind. If I am drinking beer, my mouth won't neccessarily be saying what my brain is trying to make it say.
d) You now have a bar in Kroger's supermarket, now please have a word with Walgreens.....Oh yes, and CVS too, they will have a vacant space from stopping the sale of cigarettes.

Yours sincerely,
Anonymous, dickhead.

Hmph! We don't have a bar in our Kroger. You can build your own six pack, though. Usually a decent selection, too.

The Ghost Of Bernard Kroger is not amused...
2037_1042847555.jpg

Cheers? ;)

The Fred Meyers stores here, which is owned by Kroger's has started having growler fills with local beers at a reasonable price. Have not seen the bar as of yet.

Can I use that eatin' tooth thing in a signature?

It's not entirely original. I saw a TV show years ago when some southerner reffered to his spectacles in all seriousness and folky charm as his "Seeing glasses" It tickled me so much that I apply that principle to pretty much anything now.....My walkin' legs, my thinkin' brain, my hello boss finger.....

The Fred Meyers stores here, which is owned by Kroger's has started having growler fills with local beers at a reasonable price. Have not seen the bar as of yet.

They fill growlers at my Krogers too.....I'm sure the joy will spread quite quickly. We only got one because they built a brand new store near the old one.

They sell local craft beer in my Meijer, and I know they offer tastings of wine at nearby Meijers. Maybe they will also jump into the fill and serve MoO here.

If this is what my local Kroger's is remodelling for, the "Yes dear, I'd be happy to go grocery shopping with you."

When I was staying in Lexington KY, SWMBO and i stopped at Lucky's Market. Its a small chain that basically like whole foods with trader joes prices

They have pints of beer there for $2 that you can sip on while you shop (ya, i know). They even have holsters that attach to your shopping cart. All of them are 5% or under though to keep people from getting sauced i guess. The thing is, if im drinking a pils, i could suck down 2 of them before SWMBO makes it out of the produce section. Give me an IPA, and ill savor it for a while

o.jpg

If you look up at the screen and zoom In, you can see the Google guy and his camera.

Back