Brewzilla 35L and FINAL batch size in corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broken Crow

Ale's what cures 'ya
Reaction score
Money is really tight and I haven't finished building my brew rig that is more accomodating to my disability and without getting into it, there are still obstacles that keep it too far off in time and I've been getting really restless to just brew again. There's a sale on the gen 4 Brewzilla 35L that puts it only just in the range I might be able to justify buying one, BUT: I've searched on here and have been slowly reading the entire thread about that unit and I still don't know.... I usually gear my batch sizes to give me about 6 or so gallons kegged. Some brews, my favourite ESB in particular, never fully clear leaving about 1-1/2" - 2" above the trub that the floating diptube will pick up and send to the keg. I adjusted my batch size so that I can fill a regular 5G corny entirely with clear beer, and use one of those cheap 1.6G baby-kegs to finish it and drink first as it will be the least clear. This is a detail I cannot compromise on. I don't do high-gravity brews...at least not often and I wouldn't have the same volume expectations should I make one.
What, in your experience, is the maximum final volume one can regularly expect from a Brewzilla 35L?

Being that the total boiler is 9.25 gallons, you can easily get 6 gallons into the fermenter if you're willing to do a small sparge when the basket is raised. It can be cold water. The bid decision is 120v vs 240v because you have to buy one of them. The 120 is painfully slow at 1500 watts and the 240v is 2400 watts. It's still not a rocketship, but tolerable.

The Anvil Foundry is 1.25 gallons larger and is adaptable between 120v and 240v and the 240v mode is 2800 watts (better). If you MUST go with 120v for now, at least this one is upgradable. $425 without the pump (which you don't need if you're willing to stir a few times).

Back