De Struise vs. Me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
I'm brewing this recipe: http://www.homebrewchef.com/DeStruisePaxtonArchaicbeerCollaboration.html
tomorrow, and of course will be souring it up to be more like the Oerbier Reserva( which is pretty much a completely different beer ). The interesting thing is that about 4-5 months ago, I made my own 'clone' of this beer based on my own recipe formulation(with some input/help from others) based on the grains/hops they list as ingredients.

It will be interesting to see which comes closer to the real thing. I'm half joking about this 'competetion, one of the main reasons I wanted to post this was so that fellow homebrewers can brew an exact recipe formulated by one of the best breweries in the world(actually voted THE best recently by someone). Not sure many of you have seen this recipe, its interesting.

I'm considering souring/blending it with 3/4 of a gallon of sour wine/grape beer I've got, but of course that would change it almost completely. I'll taste after primary and see what I think, the other option is to go with Roeselare - which is suppsedly Rodenbach's who supposedly is now(as of '05 I think, sold bottles in '07) giving its sour blend to DeDolle(the brewers of Oerbier/Reserve)

Awesome, good luck with that. I've been looking for their beers around here, but they only seem available in Tokyo. If you haven't already, check out the interview with the brewers from DeStruise on the Brewing Network.
Apparently they are using fermentis 58 as their house yeast.

one of the best breweries in the world(actually voted THE best recently by someone).

BeerAdvocate and RateBeer
West 12 is still numero 1 beer, but these guys took the honors for best brewery. And +1 on the BN Podcast with these guys, that is if you have several hours to kill.

I did listen to the interview, not a fan of all the BS they throw into the show on the Sunday Session, but it was cool to hear from them.

Back