DC Area Group Grain Buy #12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I am not in on this buy, I may be able stop by with my scale to help out with the splits. I had too much fun with it last time and it was a good opportunity to fil some growlers. Not a guarantee, but I should be able to make it.

===== Current Status =====

Just a heads up, there are 4 splits still open. These will be likely canceled if they don't fill by Friday 5/1 @midnight. I doubt we'll give them an additional week as we may not get them delivered by 5/16, the day of pick up.

Please take a look and see if you need some of those and help fill them.

• PBW 20#
  • Simpsons Peated 40#
  • Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 20#
  • Flaked Oats 30#

I already offered to take 10# of Flaked Oats if need be. I could also grab 10# more of PBW if need be (although if I do, it might be the last time I ever buy it). ;-)

I can see the peated barley having trouble filling, but all the others are commonly used.

If we can unload 70# of PBW within a week, why not the additional 30# during the following month? We all know what that stuff goes for in the brew store. If you can use 5#, I'm sure you can find use for 10#. Sell some at your brew club if you must.

Many of us have picked up grain balances to close splits, but it's not meant to be that way. Participants should want to buy. Maybe a larger buyers base can help with that. And new brewers, who don't have much in stock.

It will be a sad chapter if these last ones can't close, so make an effort, dear brewers!

That wheat DME will be good for a couple years, stored cool and dry. Brew more wheats, the girls love em!

I can take 5# of the flaked oats to help that close out. I need some inspiration to make more stouts.

I can take 5# of the flaked oats to help that close out. I need some inspiration to make more stouts.

That's the spirit!

Added. Thank you.

BTW, you can add (flaked) oats to many other styles for some of that smooth mouthfeel and extra head retention. Works great in Wheat Beers, Pales, Porters, etc.

I have tried them in Belgian Wits but never a pale or porter. Looks like I might have to give it a try with my new found supply. Thanks for the tip.

I'll take 10# each of the Briess DME Bavarian Wheat and the Flaked Oats to help close them out.

On another note, I have a shipping scale I can bring to assist with the splits. What time is the earliest to start showing up?

I'll take 10# each of the Briess DME Bavarian Wheat and the Flaked Oats to help close them out.

On another note, I have a shipping scale I can bring to assist with the splits. What time is the earliest to start showing up?

Both added. Thank you for helping out.

I won't be there on pick up day, Reddskinnfan will coordinate and supervise the splits.

In the past, I've been arriving by 9:30 and always got in to get a head start on sorting, counting, etc.
Most will arrive by 10. Pickup is typically set for 11.

There are only 12 sacks to be split (or less :(). With 4 teams of 2 that's 3 sacks each.

Reminder, there are 4 splits still open. 3 of these have only small quantities left (10-15#). It won't take much to get these filled, if everyone chips in a bit.

Any splits that don't fill by Friday 5/1 @midnight, are likely to be canceled. I doubt we can give them an additional week as we may not get them delivered by 5/16, the day of pick up (we've been in that unfortunate position 2x already).

Please take a look and see if you need some of those and help fill them.

• PBW 15#
  • Simpsons Peated 40#
  • Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 10#
  • Flaked Oats 15#

Payment has been sent for the recently closed flaked oats split. Good work team on getting it closed!

I'll take 5# of Bavarian Wheat DME.
(Even though I don't need it.)

Thank you, added. I'm sure you'll use it. That stuff is good for years.

Payment has been sent for the recently closed flaked oats split. Good work team on getting it closed!

Received!

3 splits are still open. If they don't fill by midnight, we have no choice but to cancel them. :(

Please take a look and see if you need some of those and help fill them. We're so close!

• PBW 15#
  • Simpsons Peated 40#
  • Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 5#

I'll take 5# more of the PBW.

Added. Thank you!

3 splits are still open. If they don't fill by midnight, we have no choice but to cancel them. :(

Please take a look and see if you need some of those and help fill them. We're so close!

• PBW 10#
  • Simpsons Peated 40#

I'll take another 5# of the PBW.

Added. Payment received. Thanks!

i will take 5 lbs of PBW as well.

Added. Thanks, second PBW has filled!

2 splits are still open. If they don't fill by midnight, we have no choice but to cancel them. :(

• Simpsons Peated 40#

If Keith or Tony can pick up for me I can finish out the DME and I will order two full bags of other grain

Nice gesture! I'm pretty sure Tony or someone else can hold on to your order. Better be quick putting those sacks on, and paying Tony, and me. :rockin:

I've got an 8 gallon with weldless thermometer/ballvalve/sight glass that I just upgraded from sitting on my shelf.

OK I need to order soon...Frits let me know what I can add via email; this is what was missing on the first delivery:

Two (2) Patagonia Extra Pale
Two (2) Simpsons Golden Promise

Not bad...but not what we want either. We will see what next week brings. Worst case we cancel and refund or reorder something more attainable.

Cheers and get those payments in to Frits ASAP!!

Thanks!

Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)
Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 50 lb
Flaked Oats 50 lb
PBW 50 lb

Adding the above to the order once I get the word from Frits we are good on the last three....hope I got everything!!

Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)
Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 50 lb
Flaked Oats 50 lb
PBW 50 lb

Adding the above to the order once I get the word from Frits we are good on the last three....hope I got everything!!

Yes, those last 3 filled, so you're good to order all of the above.

Note:
I'm still waiting for 1 splits payment, from @joshindc. I'll contact him, no need to hold up the order.

Back