DC Area Group Grain Buy #12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I need to order soon...Frits let me know what I can add via email; this is what was missing on the first delivery:

Two (2) Patagonia Extra Pale
Two (2) Simpsons Golden Promise

Not bad...but not what we want either. We will see what next week brings. Worst case we cancel and refund or reorder something more attainable.

Cheers and get those payments in to Frits ASAP!!

Thanks!
nooooooooooo

Just checking in to see how things are going. 10 days till pickup!

Let's see a post from everyone who intends to help with splits. 2-man teams with 1 table and 1 scale.

It would also be nice for some folks, who haven't gotten elbow deep in this before, to step up. We few who are at each of these events can't always be there (like Frits this time around) and it would be nice to be able to ensure things keep moving along without too much interruption (Frits, you are the splits king and I hope I do it justice).

Also, don't forget that this is a good time to share some brew, with the group, to get feedback/pointers and to chat beer (which we all know we like to do).

One last, and VERY IMPORTANT, remark:

Don't forget to pay homage to our friends at 3 Stars while there. Without them, none of this would be possible. Grab some specialty grains, Candi sugar/syrup, a vial of yeast or two, some 3 Stars swag or some brews before you head out.

If you can't stay for Growler fills, 3 Stars can still sell you 750ml bottles of Pandemic, Peppercorn Saison, Southern Belle and usually another seasonal brew (last time around it was the Zombie Date Night (Pandemic w/Cacao Nibs and Raspberries).

I got an out of stock email that the Patagonia Extra Pale is still out. It looks like the Golden Promise might've filled though along with the newly added sacks--I'll find out this weekend when the order comes in. We'll try ordering the Extra Pale again this weekend, but I'm not optimistic. Keep fingers crossed! Cheers all!
T

This is my first pickup but I am happy to help. I probably won't be able to make it there until close to 11 however but will throw in however I can. I will try to get there earlier if possible.

What time do you all usually try to start working on the splits? For some reason I remember reading something about 10am but I am not sure on that one.

My wife and I would be happy to help with splits. We are saving bags as well. Let me know what time you would like us there.

Cheers,

Kirk & Nancy

I'll be there at 9:30-10:00 to start setting up for splits. Looks like we'll have lots of helping hands, too.

Make sure to brings grocery bags (as many as you can get).

I think Bigbeavk said he's bringing some buckets for larger splits (which is always nice and appreciated)!

Something we always need are grain scoops, and blades to open bags.

Looking to seeing the old faces, and meeting the new.

-Mike

I also have some grain from the last buy for 4minmile and ErikN. I wonder if either will be able to swing through to the buy to pickup.

My husband might not be able to come to assist. It might just be me, my scale and table...but I'll be there to help regardless.

I got an out of stock email that the Patagonia Extra Pale is still out. It looks like the Golden Promise might've filled though along with the newly added sacks--I'll find out this weekend when the order comes in. We'll try ordering the Extra Pale again this weekend, but I'm not optimistic. Keep fingers crossed! Cheers all!
T

Aarrghhh, that ever elusive Patagonia Malt!!!

I guess those two sacks likely won't make it this week either.

If not too late, could an order for an additional sack of Château Pilsen 2-Row be placed for me. If this order is possible I can submit payment via paypal right away or the value of this order could by subtracted from my highly likely refund for the 2 Patagonia Extra Pale sacks. Whatever you prefer, Tony.

Also, I'll be there by 10:00 am the latest to help with splits etc. I can bring a folding table if needed. I also have a small scale that could be useful for 5lbs splits but I see that there aren't too many of such small quantity splits. So maybe not useful?

If not too late, could an order for an additional sack of Château Pilsen 2-Row be placed for me. If this order is possible I can submit payment via paypal right away or the value of this order could by subtracted from my highly likely refund for the 2 Patagonia Extra Pale sacks. Whatever you prefer, Tony.

I feel the pain, bro! Sure, I will ask for another sack of Château Pilsen 2-Row. Remember that this is another one that is "risky" to order, as sometimes we get it and sometimes we do not. Let's wait and see on the payment...I have ya covered for now.

T

No bacon with that?

I live in G'burg too so I should be able to help you.

BrewSavage, don't know if you can still help, but I'll throw this out to the group.

I was planning on Beer, Bacon Fest on the 16th. It starts at noon (don't have VIP this time). I would hate to miss the start but I can certainly delay my entrance into the festival to pick up my grains...on the other hand, I would hate to miss the splits and a chance for yummy 3 Stars beer!

Unless someone can help and pick up my grains? I live in Gaithersburg near the airpark. I would appreciate it and would offer a few of my brews as payment!

Worse case, I arrive to the festival late! :eek:

I live in Olney and would be happy to bring them up this far and hold onto them until you can swing by to pick them up. I am out that way fairly often and could probably work out a drop off as well. I may not be the closest but let me know if I am the best option.

I live in Olney and would be happy to bring them up this far and hold onto them until you can swing by to pick them up. I am out that way fairly often and could probably work out a drop off as well. I may not be the closest but let me know if I am the best option.

I would really appreciate that! I am almost in Laytonsville and really close to Olney, so that would work out perfectly. I can PM you to work out details. If it's a deal, then I'll let the group buy bosses know who is picking up for me!

Thanks! :tank:

Patagonia was again a no show. Will be added to this week's attempt along with the Pils...fingers crossed!

I won't be able to make the pickup this Saturday but ptrack will be picking up my 10# of Pilsen DME for me. I hope to make it out to the next buy/pickup

I'm still planning on helping with splits:

-table (but no scale)
- box cutter
- plastic shopping bags

Does anybody use the belgian style bottle that require the wire cage and cork? I have four empties for you.

All the splits grains are in, correct, Tony? I was gonna work on labels tonight, so wanted to be sure.

Yes sir!! And thanks in advance for stepping up to help with this...Frits has this to a science and it really helps to have someone like you who is experienced to help make this go smoothly!! Cheers bro! :rockin:

All good. Even though I got a last min. surprise from my wife. She is going to be out of town this weekend and I will have the kids....

Good thing I found a last minute babysitter or someone else who have been doing this.

WARNING:

Off Topic...

Anyone interested in selling two ball lock kegs for a reasonable price?

I am in need to ensure I have enough kegs for 50 gal of beer in kegs at a time (I know... first world problems...)!

Send me a PM if you got some and are willing to part with them at a fair price.

I'll get there around 10:00 to help with splits. I can bring a smaller scale (I think only 10lbs, maybe 15). I've got some bags as well.

So, Sunday? I will be there to help though none of the grain is mine. I need to get up there for refils anyway. I will bring my scale, a box cutter or two and if you all want I have a bunch of paper lunch type of bags that I dont use. Should be good for 5# or so and are write-onable.

So, Sunday? I will be there to help though none of the grain is mine. I need to get up there for refils anyway. I will bring my scale, a box cutter or two and if you all want I have a bunch of paper lunch type of bags that I dont use. Should be good for 5# or so and are write-onable.

Not Sunday, pick-up is tomorrow, Saturday, May 16 at 10:00AM.

Latest posts

Back