Darn power bill...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifidelity

Reaction score
I decided to replenish my pipeline over my Thanksgiving break and brewed four beers in 3 days (cream ale, dry irish stout, chinook IPA, and nut brown ale). The problem is I can only fit two carboys in my fermenting chamber. I tend to keep my house on the cool side (well within the range of the yeasts used) this time of year, but we've had a warm snap the past few days and my AC has been running pretty much non-stop to keep the carboys outside the FC at the correct temperature.

Oh well...at least I'll have a good beer to drink while I'm writing that check to Alabama Power next month. :mug:

I decided to replenish my pipeline over my Thanksgiving break and brewed four beers in 3 days (cream ale, dry irish stout, chinook IPA, and nut brown ale). The problem is I can only fit two carboys in my fermenting chamber. I tend to keep my house on the cool side (well within the range of the yeasts used) this time of year, but we've had a warm snap the past few days and my AC has been running pretty much non-stop to keep the carboys outside the FC at the correct temperature.

Oh well...at least I'll have a good beer to drink while I'm writing that check to Alabama Power next month. :mug:

7 cuft chest freezers are on craigslist for < $100. No idea how much your electric increases, or if you have a place for it.

7 cuft chest freezers are on craigslist for < $100. No idea how much your electric increases, or if you have a place for it.

It probably won't increase that much, hopefully. I could have done something like a swamp cooler, but I didn't have much notice. I guess I just needed a place to vent lol.

The premium I'll be paying on my power bill is my penance for not checking the 7 day forecast.

Back