Dark Lord 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So prune juice^-2 and ^-3?
Dude 2015 regular is fantastic. As we were walking out of the warehouse with our bottles, some crybaby was bitching and moaning because he got vintages instead of Handjee.

I offered to trade him my Chemtrail for his 2014, 2015, and one 2017. He stopped walking, seemed to consider it for a bit, then walked off muttering something about Handjee.

Dude 2015 regular is fantastic. As we were walking out of the warehouse with our bottles, some crybaby was bitching and moaning because he got vintages instead of Handjee.

I offered to trade him my Chemtrail for his 2014, 2015, and one 2017. He stopped walking, seemed to consider it for a bit, then walked off muttering something about Handjee.

Can confirm, drank a 15 last night and it is drinking great.

I made the mistake of drinking it fresh in 2015. I guess it shows the power of negative exponential growth?

GF and I got sick after the Wendy's rally. We both ate the same thing (DOUBLE STACK 4 FOR $4), then attempted to go back and both barfed all of the Wendy's up. Ruined the day for us. Only a handful of pics this year. :(

Got Chemtrail and Ronaldo. One of them is #69/XXX.

Were there seagulls near you?

DLD Day After Roundup

- The compound remains the best reason to attend DLD. Good people, good food, good beer, good vibes. Feels like home every time. Infinite thanks to biglobo8971 and crew for hosting.
- Got De Muerte. From what I had at the compound, I am very happy with this outcome.
- The walk around to the entrance sucked. Lots of swampy steps. Also had a fence jutting all the way out past the closest lot for no reason, which was ********.
- I was only inside the fest proper long enough to get my bottles and go. Felt like a chore. Million man line for Dark Matter. Looking forward to buying leftovers online if there's anything worthwhile. Staff were also fairly crankypants at that point. I dunno man. If your volunteers are having such a **** time maybe rotate them out and hire in a crew to give them handjees in the back.
- Obvious NanaMule count = 1
- Ambulance rides witnessed = 3
- Peepeepants witnessed = 1
- Whoever made that bag of pretzels at the compound, I love you. Not sure what was in there but it was probably the best food I put in my mouth all day. Or maybe I was just drunk. I don't know but dayum I remember being in love.

TalkBeer Member Highlights:
- Got **** from TalkBeerJesus for being sober enough to greet him with a "Howdy" that was enunciated far too well, suggesting that I was way too sober (at that moment, guilty)
- Ticked backfat for the first time. Also daniel (aka Daniel).
- Ticked tmclain90 , antdavid and Nate41909 Nate-and-some-numbers. Nice fellas.
- Got to see fear025 slingin dem cellar software cards
- Got to see trickytunadicky and co. give powz87 **** about his Schramms feels
- Reported Lansman for animal cruelty
- Hung out with AleWatcher's buddy in the bottle line.
- Lodged formal complaint with dvelcich that Burger Antics' Zoiburger is too popular. Also art too high up and no Heinz ketchup.
- Drunk powz87. Always drunk powz87
- Always good to see pasta Boston and Frank lurchingbeast
- Probably way more that I don't remember because I was properly toasted just about all day

Also JEG got a pour of Vanilla Rye from me and came back like 30 seconds later wanting a pic of the bottle. Followed shortly after by "something something doesn't he have like a whole case from Walgreens to photograph?" Was ded at that.

Anyway, hope to see you turds next year. And hopefully more before then.
taylor_swift_heart_ours_gif.gif

Regrets that I never made it over to the compound. Ran into friends and spent most of the day inside the fest. Still good times. Nice weather. 3/5 of our group got handjee. Good times all around.

Did anyone else see picky pickups at the allocation handout tables? Saw at least three dudes inspect their bags to make sure they were getting 5 bottles as if they had some **** to say if they saw 6.

Did anyone else see picky pickups at the allocation handout tables? Saw at least three dudes inspect their bags to make sure they were getting 5 bottles as if they had some **** to say if they saw 6.
I definitely looked behind the volunteers as I was walking in to see who had 6 bottle bags. If that's wrong, oh ****ing well.

I was much to drunk for that ****. I asked the dude which one had the "vanilla handjob" in. He literally told me to get ****ed and pick one haha. Ended up getting Handjee anyways. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Can't thank Lansman enough for letting me into his hotel for 2 days. Also getting me Powerade last night.

Scoping the back tables was the best way to do it. I walked up to the first one I saw where all of the totes behind the volunteers were all greens no whammies. Once they had an all green one in hand, I walked right up. Didn't take long enough to arouse suspicion.

Anyone witness people following through on threats to smash their vintage bottles? I noticed a couple broken bottles with purple wax behind the ATM at the brewery exit. Really hoping someone here saw some shitlord pissed off enough to actually break his bottle.

antdavid I'm pretty sure I have a case of your GDDC. After all that I don't think I played more than 1 game. We should definitely get together when I get back from Cali. Catch the train out here or I'll come out there.

Agreed brother let me know when you get back and we can kick it. What town are you In brother?

Anyone witness people following through on threats to smash their vintage bottles? I noticed a couple broken bottles with purple wax behind the ATM at the brewery exit. Really hoping someone here saw some shitlord pissed off enough to actually break his bottle.
Yeah, some some drunk idiot bitching about his vintages, put his bag on the ground and kick it, breaking 2 or 3 of the 6 bottles, then saying "I wanna go home. To St Louis. St Louuuuuuuuuis!"

I also documented the whole fight/poop pants on Snap but my story has almost expired.
Here's a few randoms

This guy was the best. He was boasting on the DLD fb the day before about how awesome his custom patches are. Then I saw him in this state. When asked if he was ok, he gave me this thumbs up, then shortly after puked.

Here's poops post fight.

I also have a few more less apropriate ones, including a certain someone loading his Beamer with 7 DL variants.

Now if only I can figure out how to upload video of the fight....

And if any of these are you, for Christ's sake you're an adult, get your **** together.

I also documented the whole fight/poop pants on Snap but my story has almost expired.
Here's a few randoms

This guy was the best. He was boasting on the DLD fb the day before about how awesome his custom patches are. Then I saw him in this state. When asked if he was ok, he gave me this thumbs up, then shortly after puked.

Here's poops post fight.

I also have a few more less apropriate ones, including a certain someone loading his Beamer with 7 DL variants.

And if any of these are you, for Christ's sake you're an adult, get your **** together.
Youtube that video

maybe.. every other year or so i'll drop in to BA for reading up on events like this one. not surprisingly it gets worse every year. lots of complaining about which variant they got, never coming back because they got screwed out of what they figured they deserved, etc.

very little "what a great time with great people!"

to many it seems the entire event is centered completely on getting the right beer that they deserve. $180, hours in line, hotels, food, various expenses... to chance getting a single bottle... and if you don't, your life is ****ing ruined.

seems like a good time

I did not take a picture of the guy passed out in the bushes 7 feet from this just in case it was not his barf. Innocent until Proven Guilty and all that.
I did not take a picture of the guy passed out in the bushes 7 feet from this just in case it was not his barf. Innocent until Proven Guilty and all that.
I did

Somebody opened a Chemtrail at the compound and it was very solid. I expected to hate it.

They threw it on tap there so I got to try some. Also super surprised at how good it was. Nose hits you like it's going to be way too much cinnamon but drank really well. Sweet, probably a great 4 oz pour, but agree, solid.

I opened my variant:D. powz87 chugged quite a bit:)
I got to try a taste of your chemtrail at the compound and was very impressed. When I went through the line with trickytunadicky they ran out of pre packaged totes and we had to wait for them to forklift some more pallets over. This took 3 to 4 minutes and everyone inside was kind of milling around and talking in little groups when they started to put allocations on the table again. Saw a worker put one down with 5 green and stepped right up and took it. It was murte. Got outside and traded it 1 for 1 for chemtrail in about 5 minutes.

After 3 separate shampooing / conditioning sessions, I finally got the stench out of my beer. Not quite sure what it was.

My thoughts
Love seeing my once a year / twice a year friends. It is you that makes me keep coming back.
Loved the new set up, didn't get the random shirt bird strolling through the compound
Spent 90pecent of the time a the compound and 10 percent in the gates. 8 percent of that time was waiting in line for my bottles. So yeah, I feel like I won.
this year was my tenth and going to be my last. I spent more time hurting with a back issue than anything. Even turned Dan some pours because of the mess I am on. For those who respected that decision, I love you. For the couple of ones that I had to say "I don't care what it is, pour it in your ass, I don't want it" you can **** off. But I think you got my point at the time.

So cheers to you all. Too many to list, but if I spent more than a couple of minutes hanging out with you, you know who you are. I will list some special ones in no particular order.
Patty and Jay
Kurtis and Kurt
Milk and Nate
Dustin
Jaimie
Pasta and Fank
Tony (miss the LT)
Brit and Dan
Eric
Matt
Rich
And way too many others. So cheers again to you all. I hope I get to drink with you at a different venue

Here's a few randoms

Here's poops post fight.

That dude was hitting the lean?

After 3 separate shampooing / conditioning sessions, I finally got the stench out of my beer. Not quite sure what it was.

My thoughts
Love seeing my once a year / twice a year friends. It is you that makes me keep coming back.
Loved the new set up, didn't get the random shirt bird strolling through the compound
Spent 90pecent of the time a the compound and 10 percent in the gates. 8 percent of that time was waiting in line for my bottles. So yeah, I feel like I won.
this year was my tenth and going to be my last. I spent more time hurting with a back issue than anything. Even turned Dan some pours because of the mess I am on. For those who respected that decision, I love you. For the couple of ones that I had to say "I don't care what it is, pour it in your ass, I don't want it" you can **** off. But I think you got my point at the time.

So cheers to you all. Too many to list, but if I spent more than a couple of minutes hanging out with you, you know who you are. I will list some special ones in no particular order.
Patty and Jay
Kurtis and Kurt
Milk and Nate
Dustin
Jaimie
Pasta and Fank
Tony (miss the LT)
Brit and Dan
Eric
Matt
Rich
And way too many others. So cheers again to you all. I hope I get to drink with you at a different venue
Appreciate all the hospitality you showed to myself and my buddies. Hope whatever back issues you are dealing with you can find comfort in one way or another.

Is this still open?

maybe.. every other year or so i'll drop in to BA for reading up on events like this one. not surprisingly it gets worse every year. lots of complaining about which variant they got, never coming back because they got screwed out of what they figured they deserved, etc.

very little "what a great time with great people!"

to many it seems the entire event is centered completely on getting the right beer that they deserve. $180, hours in line, hotels, food, various expenses... to chance getting a single bottle... and if you don't, your life is ****ing ruined.

seems like a good time

tbh that's why i didn't go. if i paid $180, flights, food, hotels, etc. and got stuck with six bottles of non-variant darklord i would have been full-steam-ahead entitled BA poster pissed.

DLD Day After Roundup

- The compound remains the best reason to attend DLD. Good people, good food, good beer, good vibes. Feels like home every time. Infinite thanks to biglobo8971 and crew for hosting.
- Got De Muerte. From what I had at the compound, I am very happy with this outcome.
- The walk around to the entrance sucked. Lots of swampy steps. Also had a fence jutting all the way out past the closest lot for no reason, which was ********.
- I was only inside the fest proper long enough to get my bottles and go. Felt like a chore. Million man line for Dark Matter. Looking forward to buying leftovers online if there's anything worthwhile. Staff were also fairly crankypants at that point. I dunno man. If your volunteers are having such a **** time maybe rotate them out and hire in a crew to give them handjees in the back.
- Obvious NanaMule count = 1
- Ambulance rides witnessed = 3
- Peepeepants witnessed = 1
- Whoever made that bag of pretzels at the compound, I love you. Not sure what was in there but it was probably the best food I put in my mouth all day. Or maybe I was just drunk. I don't know but dayum I remember being in love.

TalkBeer Member Highlights:
- Got **** from TalkBeerJesus for being sober enough to greet him with a "Howdy" that was enunciated far too well, suggesting that I was way too sober (at that moment, guilty)
- Ticked backfat for the first time. Also daniel (aka Daniel).
- Ticked tmclain90 , antdavid and Nate41909 Nate-and-some-numbers. Nice fellas.
- Got to see fear025 slingin dem cellar software cards
- Got to see trickytunadicky and co. give powz87 **** about his Schramms feels
- Reported Lansman for animal cruelty
- Hung out with AleWatcher's buddy in the bottle line.
- Lodged formal complaint with dvelcich that Burger Antics' Zoiburger is too popular. Also art too high up and no Heinz ketchup.
- Drunk powz87. Always drunk powz87
- Always good to see pasta Boston and Frank lurchingbeast
- Probably way more that I don't remember because I was properly toasted just about all day

Also JEG got a pour of Vanilla Rye from me and came back like 30 seconds later wanting a pic of the bottle. Followed shortly after by "something something doesn't he have like a whole case from Walgreens to photograph?" Was ded at that.

Anyway, hope to see you turds next year. And hopefully more before then.
taylor_swift_heart_ours_gif.gif
JEG told me how bad VR was lately, ESPECIALLY the bottle I traded him. Hmmmm.

My thoughts

Patty and Jay
Kurtis and Kurt
Milk and Nate
Dustin
Jaimie
Pasta and Fank
Tony (miss the LT)
Brit and Dan
Eric
Matt
Rich
FIRST!
See you in March, homie.

Back