Dany Prignon (Fantome)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danyP am I getting a passionfruit hop finish from lot bj 13 Hiver? Or is that coming from yeast?

There is a flavour that i've been getting from recent australian IPAs but I think it might be yeast/malt rather than hop.

danyP am I getting a passionfruit hop finish from lot bj 13 Hiver? Or is that coming from yeast?

There is a flavour that i've been getting from recent australian IPAs but I think it might be yeast/malt rather than hop.
...well .. all brewers have their own small fabrication secrets .. ;-)

danyP. Compton25 and I will be visiting the brewery sometime between September 23rd-September 30th (this may change slightly and the number of people with us may change as well). I will send you a message as the time draws closer to confirm what day to ensure that you will be there. I would love to meet you and share some beer!

Cheers!

danyP. Compton25 and I will be visiting the brewery sometime between September 23rd-September 30th (this may change slightly and the number of people with us may change as well). I will send you a message as the time draws closer to confirm what day to ensure that you will be there. I would love to meet you and share some beer!

Cheers!

more info on this trip, pls.

danyP, do you use different strains of yeast for different beers or is it just a house yeast that gets used for everything?

Dany sent me this on BA a couple years ago when I inquired about yeast strains:

hello Patrick .. well; i'm NOT ! at all a chemical man.. so about the yeast .. 2 members of my family are real ! chemicals.. and they give me yeast..when wanted ...
no, i have 3 differents yeat type .. for verry sour it's different.. for Ft Classic and season it's in general the same .. but .. not each time ..
the "elaboration" of a recept is made with my ingredients firts.. and they tell me which type yeast is better..
so. i cannot help you too many for this ....
cheers,
dany

EDIT: And when asking him if he stores bottles on their sides or upright, he said: "Upright !!!!"

Finally got my bottles out of hock from Belguim. And noticed something special;
JOcKTxA.jpg

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a the reflection of something shinny and white.
4zh2mHB.jpg

:eek: Sealed securely under the label to ensure its origination from the creator. Thank You danyP for adding a little piece of yourself. This tome will be preserved so that one day I may clone my own Danny to make me magical saisons. :)

I just domed a Fantome Saison. First time having it and I'm sufficiently upset at myself for not drinking this beer before now. I will move on and wash away my sorrows with a bottle of Ete, another first for me.

well... so, .. can you "dome " 100.000 bottles for me to can have regular selling in Usa ?.. thanks!! :)

Maybe this is not the right place to ask but does anyone here know what kind of glue danyP uses for his labels or know a method to remove them without damaging them? My dad has started collecting beer labels and Fantome bottles seem to be overly attached to their labels. Thanks!

Maybe this is not the right place to ask but does anyone here know what kind of glue danyP uses for his labels or know a method to remove them without damaging them? My dad has started collecting beer labels and Fantome bottles seem to be overly attached to their labels. Thanks!

I always have good luck either filling the bottle with hot water and slowly peeling the label away after the glue warms up or blasting it with a hair dryer and doing the same thing.

I think that's what he's doing now so I'm wondering if I can figure out an easier way by knowing the type of glue. It seems like there are only a couple of ways to remove labels however so I don't have high hopes of finding some magical solution.

... good question !! yes difficult too remove of the bottles ! i know !! even when we get ourselve .. if not right place, impossible to change !

... good question !! yes difficult too remove of the bottles ! i know !! even when we get ourselve .. if not right place, impossible to change !

Thank you for answering, I guess I'll have to break the bad news to him. I plan on drinking loads more Fantome and he will remain frustrated with those labels!

Back