Danby Single Tap Conversion to Dual Taps EASY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratinator

Reaction score
I post here today because I got into kegging because I was sick of syphoning beer and love beer on tap. Now getting into kegging is tough because kegerators costs a lot and you have to be somewhat knowledgeable to make your own. Well I went out and bought from costco a single tap danby kegerator to get into kegging and with a ball lock conversion I was able to pour beer. I even had room to store a second 5 gal keg, but finding myself wanting to carb the 2nd keg, yet still pour beer. So I was switching back and forth for a bit and eventually bought a 2 way gas splitter and would carb one while pouring one. Easy. I even tried a picnic tap on the other keg which I didnt really like.

So I wanted to upgraded my tower but had no idea how to do it. I came across a amateur youtube video that sparked what danby had infact done and they put threads underneath the top plastic to mount a 3" tower (I assume the dual taps). So what I did is ordered a 3" tower and upgraded intertaps with springs and took my gasket from the new tower to mark the 4 holes that would line it up. Drilled threw small and slowly and sure enough, threads! Mounted my tap and screw it down with provided screws and now pouring 2 excellent intertaps.

Here is some pics and confirmsd works with models DKC052BSLDB-D and if your from Canada DKC054A1BSLDB.

Now I know you could say "why not just buy dual tap danby fridge", well when your adventuring into something you never know you needed 2, why didn't I buy 4? And for $150 canadian shipped I got an upgraded tower and 2 nice intertaps.
EDIT: I originally said perlick, I bought intertaps
20190521_165210.jpeg
20190521_165341.jpeg
20190521_175818.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I have the same setup and was thinking of switching to dual taps but didn’t want to hack it up to bad. Nice job!

Edit: okay, of course after I posted a question popped into my head. Did you order the Danby 3” tower or was there a better solution?

Last edited:
It looks like the original tap is twist lock...interesting

Couple things...you should have gotten flow control taps and forget the ball lock conversion and just use sanke kegs...corny kegs basically suck

It looks like the original tap is twist lock...interesting

Couple things...you should have gotten flow control taps and forget the ball lock conversion and just use sanke kegs...corny kegs basically suck
The original is a twist lock. I don't see the need to spend the extra money on flow control, what I have pours perfect beer and ball locks are what everyone carries locally and what I have owned from the start (about 6 years with one rebuild each). I am more than happy with both and have had nothing but success

Thank you for posting this. I have the same setup and was thinking of switching to dual taps but didn’t want to hack it up to bad. Nice job!

Edit: okay, of course after I posted a question popped into my head. Did you order the Danby 3” tower or was there a better solution?
I ordered a tower with the option to upgrade to intertap or perlicks from ontariobeerkegs. Any 3" tower should do, depends what you wanna spend.

I ordered a tower with the option to upgrade to intertap or perlicks from ontariobeerkegs. Any 3" tower should do, depends what you wanna spend.

Awesome. Glad to know its not a danby specific pattern

Back