Danby Fermentation Chamber - DAR044

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiggleplum

Reaction score
Danby model DAR044A4BDD 4.4

Hello everyone,

Hopefully I am posting this in the right section. I hope this will help anyone like myself that is looking for a fermentation chamber, but does not have the room for a chest freezer. I looked around online for days, but had trouble finding current production models that seemed compatible. I came across this particular machine and read that a 6 gallon better bottle would fit. I decided to get it through Amazon in case I had an issue, since they have excellent customer service. I started up a chat, and asked why the freezer model is $50 cheaper, when the rest of the machine is more or less the same. He didn't have an answer, but quickly offered me a $30 discount.

Long story short the better bottle didn't work, but my bucket does after modifying the door, which is what I prefer anyway :D. It has to be tilted back a bit, but I just picked up a small plank from Home Depot for $2.50 and hot glued it in and it works perfectly. Hooked it up to the Inkbird controller, and it has been keeping my hefeweizen at 62 degrees. Will be trying a lager in the near future.

Thank for the post.

Do you think a 6 gal carboy would fit if the door was modified?

-AD

Back