Dammit!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellecitybrewer

Reaction score
So I go downstairs to grab a growler of porter, and I notice the floor is wet. So, I open my kegerator and this is what I see. 5 gallons of Bitter that I started carbonating last night, in the bottom of my kegerator, and all over my floor. Found out it was my pin lock valve on liquid post that had a crack in it. 5 gallons down the drain, err on the floor....dammit

image-2672275089.jpg

So I go downstairs to grab a growler of porter, and I notice the floor is wet. So, I open my kegerator and this is what I see. 5 gallons of Bitter that I started carbonating last night in the bottom of my kegerator and all over my floor. Found out it was my pin lock valve on liquid post that had a crack in it. 5 gallons down the drain, err on the floor....dammit

:(

Just had the same thing happen to me (thankfully I only lost maybe 3 gallons)... I was not a happy camper.

I feel your pain.

you know the funny thing is, i actually dipped a cup into the bottom of my kegerator. I, for some reason, HAD to have at least one taste of the flat, fridge beer i worked so hard on...

you know the funny thing is, i actually dipped a cup into the bottom of my kegerator. I, for some reason, HAD to have at least one taste of the flat, fridge beer i worked so hard on...

How did it taste? Don't know if I would have done that, I would convince myself that it was infected or something to lessen the blow ;)

I kegged a dunkel last night, and I hit it with 30 PSI to force carb it. The poppet wasn't in the proper position, and I got a face full of beer. If it had been anyone else, I would have been laughing my face off.

I used a paper towel to wipe off what didn't end up in my mouth:mug:

i kegged my first batch last month and due to a hair-trigger picnic tap i lost about 3 gallons over night. i was so pissed that i almost thought about quitting kegging, but then realized that i just need to learn my setup a little better and be more cautious. but man, that is a terrible feeling that i will never forget.

on my second round of kegging now, a barley wine, and i will not let this happen again!

Had a friend crank up the pressure on my keg systen and didn't know it, and the tap was not closed properly and had the same thing happen. 5 gallons on the floor....bummer
I only had one glass of my beer before finding out about it being blasted all over the place. That was five years ago and I still haven't gotten over it. I feel your pain.

Back