Craft Trying to Buy-Out AB-Inbev - Crowdfunding Campaign

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1borhm.jpg

well... not to get too philosophical or sciency, or to take a flippant post too seriously, but...

I do think about how different our world would be if any of the laws of physics that govern it, or any of the physical constants, were different. If things were much different, our planet might be JALR (just another lifeless rock) floating in space. But it's also quite possible that we'd be here, but in a different form, given life's ability to adapt to its environment.

well... not to get too philosophical or sciency, or to take a flippant post too seriously, but...

I do think about how different our world would be if any of the laws of physics that govern it, or any of the physical constants, were different. If things were much different, our planet might be JALR (just another lifeless rock) floating in space. But it's also quite possible that we'd be here, but in a different form, given life's ability to adapt to its environment.

That's all good and well, but WOULD WE HAVE BEER?????? Would the beer adapt? Would we have completely different styles of beer?

True, in order to do that they need to get people to listen though, I think they've been trying to educate people for years. What they should do to help educate people is to make some sort of video since people watch those more than they read, and they should try to make the video humorous or have some clever twist so that hopefully it'll go somewhat viral. That will help people on forums to start talking about it.

They should also have some sort if seal they could put on products to help people see where their money is going. I mean, if people educate themselves on what craft beer is and they don't want to spend money supporting the companies that work to destroy independent craft brewers then it'd be nice to have a quick way to identify them on the shelf.

So to recap we need to get a hold of the BA and convince them to make a viral video to help raise awareness and to create a seal to help people quickly identify independent breweries. ;)

Lol - IMO they seem to be asking a bit too much from the consumer. I've never seen Orval posting asking me to help spread the Trappist label if you know what I mean. I don't even think those guys are online :)

They also seem to focusing way too heavily on AB/Inbev here instead of just concentrating on "craft"or whatever you want to call it. It kind cheapens the message.

My post was in response to someone that said the BA just needs to educate the consumer, but Orval does have a label like the BA is doing. :)

http://www.trappist.be/en/pages/logo-atp

I think they are doing what lots of beer and wine and cheese places do. They are trying to make sure that the name doesn't get cheapened by non craft places like AB/Inbev.

Yeah that was me - and I totally get what you were saying.

My point was that I think BA should look to the Trappist mark as something to strive towards but don't focus so hard on AB/Inbev - I understand they are a big part of the problem but just focus on what you do best.

I think they are. Ive heard some people talking about how they think it's a waste of time and money. But I don't get that, are they against advertising? Cause that's all this was. And I doubt it was expensive at all. It is a cheap, easy, and humorous way to get their name out. And it must be working because I've seen non beer geeks posting it on their Facebook pages, and I don't know the last time I saw I saw an average beer drinker promoting the BA before :)

Back