Craft Trying to Buy-Out AB-Inbev - Crowdfunding Campaign

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17u2.gif

1meh.gif

Lol, craftcels going all out for ownership of big beer . . . the cycle continues.

you cant take craft back from a corporation that was never involved in craft...so im lost..what are you trying to achieve?

I think it is brilliant marketing. Going after the big guys with the gloves off. We just had a "craft" beer dinner that we were invited to. Once I saw the beer list it was obvious that the "craft" beer was all Inbev owned beers. No one knew any better except those who follow the industry.

the new independent craft seal (shown at 1:35) is something they're trying to push so that the general public knows without a doubt that they're buying and drinking independent craft beer, versus "big beer acquisitions"

This is great. I am all for donating fake money. Where do I sign up?
Seriously though, this is pretty good marketing. They are just trying to educate people who care about where they are spending their money, or what they are supporting. This is good stuff.

So some craft breweries sold their businesses to AB-Inbev for $$$. We are supposed to be outraged that AB offered $$$ and the owners said yes. So by all means, direct anger at AB because some craft brewers said yes. You sure that AB has done something evil. I would say it should be the sellers on the receiving end of your wrath?

the new independent craft seal (shown at 1:35) is something they're trying to push so that the general public knows without a doubt that they're buying and drinking independent craft beer, versus "big beer acquisitions"

The seal is a good idea--depending I suppose on the criteria and cost to be "certified." I see that as kinda like the Non-GMO Project seal.

They probably should have opened with that, since the "raise $213B" idea is enough to get laughed off stage.

This is a clever marketing scheme obviously aimed at younger generations that tend to care more about the story and feelings of the companies and products they buy than the tangible goods. I think it's a well thought out and humorous marketing campaign .

Except that they're a little loose with the term "independent."

If InBev owns 24% of a brewery, that brewery can still fly the "independent" flag. Isn't that false marketing?

Yes yes yes. <$9 sixers of Saint Archer IPA really sucks. I need to pay more.

WTH! Video restricted? Can't find it on a search either? Am I that old?

EDIT:
Stupid kids were logged in.....

I was thinking Lady Elaine Fairchilde. Now I'm old and totally un-cool.

Except that they're a little loose with the term "independent."

If InBev owns 24% of a brewery, that brewery can still fly the "independent" flag. Isn't that false marketing?

No. If you own 51% of a business you have full control over it and therefore are "independent". Most breweries probably got some capital from somewhere therefore some % of their business belongs to someone else. Does it matter if it's InBev, Wells Fargo or the loan shark your uncle knows?

No. If you own 51% of a business you have full control over it and therefore are "independent". Most breweries probably got some capital from somewhere therefore some % of their business belongs to someone else. Does it matter if it's InBev, Wells Fargo or the loan shark your uncle knows?

For most people on these anti InBev threads, it does matter...

If a brewery borrowed a bottle cap from InBev, many of these people would boycott them.

Or....you could just educate the masses on what “craft” beers is and means. Seems like the path of least resistance and it’s been successful in many other industries. Would be way more cost effective.

Or....you could just educate the masses on what “craft” beers is and means. Seems like the path of least resistance and it’s been successful in many other industries. Would be way more cost effective.

They keep changing the definition of craft so it's hard to educate people... ;)

1. They'll never collect and even if they did hit the mark - that's always moving.
2. It's purely a marketing gimmick to get your email address. You do that -get some swag.
3. It has gotten noticed big time which is all it was about. They produced a blurb on par with what the big breweries do for advertising during sporting events and the like.
4. It's about raising awareness not money.

I "pledged" 50 bucks and am getting a sticker. BFD - took longer to write this post than to pledge. I've heard of people randomly being selected to receive a hat or shirt.

I guarantee you - ABI is having meetings over it. Remember their horrible response about the independent label and the "Six View Points from The High End" video? Was horrible.

Did anybody else think Geddy Lee from that first video? I did.

I watched it and thought they should have had an alcoholic because she was trying to hard to pretend that she liked beer!! My youngest would have been a better salesman. Damn, after thinking about that I’m in trouble!

I can't believe I wasted five minutes watching both videos. That and without a beer in my hand. What was I thinking?

I watched it and thought they should have had an alcoholic because she was trying to hard to pretend that she liked beer!! My youngest would have been a better salesman. Damn, after thinking about that I’m in trouble!

I guess using a bearded dude wearing flannel would have been to much of a cliche!

[emoji1]

True, in order to do that they need to get people to listen though, I think they've been trying to educate people for years. What they should do to help educate people is to make some sort of video since people watch those more than they read, and they should try to make the video humorous or have some clever twist so that hopefully it'll go somewhat viral. That will help people on forums to start talking about it.

They should also have some sort if seal they could put on products to help people see where their money is going. I mean, if people educate themselves on what craft beer is and they don't want to spend money supporting the companies that work to destroy independent craft brewers then it'd be nice to have a quick way to identify them on the shelf.

So to recap we need to get a hold of the BA and convince them to make a viral video to help raise awareness and to create a seal to help people quickly identify independent breweries. ;)

Back