Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A local bottle shop is having a charity auction online, and I know charity auction prices are inflated, but a bottle of 2012 chocolate rain is at $93, 4 pack of heady at $60.50. Texas beer people are so thirsty for good beer, we need better distribution.

Indytruks138 said:
A local bottle shop is having a charity auction online, and I know charity auction prices are inflated, but a bottle of 2012 chocolate rain is at $93, 4 pack of heady at $60.50. Texas beer people are so thirsty for good beer, we need better distribution.
Sounds like a nice little tax write off ;)

TriageStat said:
Someone should have a package waiting for them today..
Oh, you mean these?!?!?!!!! image-2542701443.jpg
Whoopee indeed!! 4 bottles off the list is crazy generous. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Thanks!!! There was dancing and singing when I opened the box. :D

Here goes.

The Bruery
Black Tuesday
Chocolate Rain
SitR w/Peaches
SitR w/Kumquats

The Lost Abbey
DDG

Alesmith
Barrel Aged Speedway stout

Toppling Goliath
Mornin’ Delight
Assassin Imperial Stout

Three Floyds
Any Dark Lord barrel aged treatment
Barrel Aged Black Sun w/Cherries

Cigar City
Hunahpu's Imperial Stout - California Brandy Barrel Aged

Foothills
Barrel Aged Sexual Chocolate

Voodoo
Pappy Van Winkle Black Magic

Hill Farmstead
BBA Damon
Elaborative #2
Flora with mandarins
Madness and Civilization #1 or #2
Genealogy of Morals BBA

Westbrook Brewing
Apple Brandy Mexican Cake
Jack Daniels Mexican Cake

Goose Island
BCBVS
King Henry
Bramble

Founders
CBS

Dark Horse Brewing
BBA Pt5

Prairie Artisan Ales
Prairie Bomb

Evil Twin
Imperial Biscotti w/chili and hazelnuts

Pegs Cantina
Barrel Aged Batch 300

Great Lakes
Barrel Aged Blackout Stout

Jester King
Atrial Rubicite

Hook this guy up!!! I really should have got my wife to go with me to BASC release. :(

Today is day 7 on TriageStat's list. I don't have the beer to grant this, anyone able to hook him up? We can't let the MAW die...

List bump on the stall list

Originally Posted by TriageStat
Here goes.

The Bruery
Black Tuesday
Chocolate Rain
SitR w/Peaches
SitR w/Kumquats

The Lost Abbey
DDG

Alesmith

Toppling Goliath
Mornin’ Delight
Assassin Imperial Stout

Three Floyds

Cigar City

Foothills

Voodoo

Hill Farmstead
BBA Damon
Elaborative #2
Flora with mandarins
Genealogy of Morals BBA

Westbrook Brewing

Goose Island
BCBVS
King Henry
Bramble

Founders
CBS

Dark Horse Brewing

BBA Pt5

Prairie Artisan Ales
Prairie Bomb

Evil Twin

Pegs Cantina

Barrel Aged Batch 300

Great Lakes

Jester King
Atrial Rubicite

Updated.

The Bruery
Black Tuesday
Chocolate Rain
SitR w/Peaches
SitR w/Kumquats

The Lost Abbey
DDG

Alesmith

Toppling Goliath
Mornin’ Delight
Assassin Imperial Stout

Three Floyds

Cigar City

Foothills

Voodoo
Any of the bottles from the release last month

Hill Farmstead
BBA Damon
Elaborative #2
Flora with mandarins
Genealogy of Morals BBA

Westbrook Brewing

Goose Island
BCBVS
King Henry
Bramble

Founders
CBS

Dark Horse Brewing
BBA Pt5

Prairie Artisan Ales
Prairie Bomb

Evil Twin

Pegs Cantina
Barrel Aged Batch 300

Great Lakes

Jester King
Atrial Rubicite

Avery
Rumpkin
Momi Hiwa

Stone
Southern Charred

Firestone Walker
Velvet Merkin
PNC

Cigar City
Don Gavino’s Big Guava

Deschutes
Black Butte XXV

TriageStat I have to put a call into a few craft beer stores today for another member and I'll ask about a couple of those. Foothills is in my area but I've never seen Sexual Chocolate let alone barrel aged. I'm going to ask though. I'll see what happens.

I hope responding like this isn't breaking the rules that I did read but often misinterpret. :D

Hello said:
TriageStat I have to put a call into a few craft beer stores today for another member and I'll ask about a couple of those. Foothills is in my area but I've never seen Sexual Chocolate let alone barrel aged. I'm going to ask though. I'll see what happens.

I hope responding like this isn't breaking the rules that I did read but often misinterpret. :D

Not at all. Any talk or banter is more than welcome. Though you do have about a month until your 90 days is up and you can join the fun.

Hello said:
Foothills is in my area but I've never seen Sexual Chocolate let alone barrel aged. I'm going to ask though. I'll see what happens.

I think the barrel aged was a brewery only release.

I think the barrel aged was a brewery only release.

BASC is brewery only. I got there at 2 am and by the time linejumpers got done being jerks, I was in the 160s when they handed out numbers in the morning. Worth checking out next year. The bottle share is epic. I'd send Triage one if I hadn't already send one out for MAW and traded or committed to trade the rest.

Regular Sexual Chocolate is released in February. There is a brewery release party, but it also makes it to bottle shops and draft around NC.

If you want to get in on some future MAWs with NC beers, Lindley Park from Olde Hickory will be out in the next few weeks and should see limited distribution. Olde Rabbit's Foot will be next and is something you might see on some lists. Event Horizon, also Olde Hickory, should be out in December and is probably the best beer in NC.

I'll be going. Tickets go on sale monday at noon. What I here. Three new beers are being released too, Strawberry, blackberry and peaches. Basically the same beer. different fruits:rockin:

I know some @sshat in Michigan that would love one but I can't think of his name :confused: :p

I'll be going. Tickets go on sale monday at noon. What I here. Three new beers are being released too, Strawberry, blackberry and peaches. Basically the same beer. different fruits:rockin:

That makes me happy! Maybe we should bump the trade up a few bucks? Or maybe I don't need to try Live Oak after all. Must resist spending more on beer....

1 each blackberry and apricot fruited to go, strawberry bottle for on site consumption only. That is with the $65 ticket.

I'll be there as well granted I can get tickets. There are limits listed on that link above - limit 1 on the 2 new ones that are being bottled (one of the new ones is tap only), limit 1 on Rubicite, but good news - limit 4 on RU-55. And then there are all the other non JK beers that will be there. I can't wait.

Current list from a very generous MAWer! Hook him up if you can.

Updated.

The Bruery
Black Tuesday
Chocolate Rain
SitR w/Peaches
SitR w/Kumquats

The Lost Abbey
DDG

Alesmith

Toppling Goliath
Mornin’ Delight
Assassin Imperial Stout

Three Floyds

Cigar City

Foothills

Voodoo
Any of the bottles from the release last month

Hill Farmstead
BBA Damon
Elaborative #2
Flora with mandarins
Genealogy of Morals BBA

Westbrook Brewing

Goose Island
BCBVS
King Henry
Bramble

Founders
CBS

Dark Horse Brewing
BBA Pt5

Prairie Artisan Ales
Prairie Bomb

Evil Twin

Pegs Cantina
Barrel Aged Batch 300

Great Lakes

Jester King
Atrial Rubicite

Avery
Rumpkin
Momi Hiwa

Stone
Southern Charred

Firestone Walker
Velvet Merkin
PNC

Cigar City
Don Gavino’s Big Guava

Deschutes
Black Butte XXV

Hip hip hooray! Three cheers. I wish I could have granted it myself, but I'm sure it'll be a better bomb with mcB.

I struck out almost all the way. I have a call into Tryon Distributing who distributes Rumpin by Avery but Sexual Chocolate is usually distributed in February. Unfortunately, barrel aged does appear to be something no one has seen in the stores. Also, Sexual Chocolate is delivered only one case per store normally. It's a hugely allocated beer, so they say.

If I get my hands on Rumpkin then maybe we can work something out. It looks like though if I get it then I have to get an entire case of it. Not sure on pricing.

Sorry. That is a very tough list.

Back