Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have two on the list that I've acquired but never had ... I'm still mentally debating how to choose which one goes ... :eek:

I've sent out a few beers for MAW I've traded for and never had, but I've got a don't MAW MAW beers rule. That being said, both of you guys (and wobrien) have blown me up on MAWs and I'm pretty much just sending everything I get from the next few releases to Philly. Give him one and drink the other when you meet up. :D

I've sent out a few beers for MAW I've traded for and never had, but I've got a don't MAW MAW beers rule. That being said, both of you guys (and wobrien) have blown me up on MAWs and I'm pretty much just sending everything I get from the next few releases to Philly. Give him one and drink the other when you meet up. :D

I agree about the MAW-MAW ... otherwise we'd end up sending bottles from the same dozen to each other. BTW - I'd have to say you have a hand in this. If I hadn't been mellowed out with a Ghost Pigeon this afternoon I might have talked myself out of doing this :)

I've talked with TriageStat - just waiting for him to post confirmation before my (not easy) list goes up :D

I agree about the MAW-MAW ... otherwise we'd end up sending bottles from the same dozen to each other. BTW - I'd have to say you have a hand in this. If I hadn't been mellowed out with a Ghost Pigeon this afternoon I might have talked myself out of doing this :)

I've talked with TriageStat - just waiting for him to post confirmation before my (not easy) list goes up :D

Well I'm glad I helped then. I still can't believe what Triage sent me. Give him your whole cellar. ;)

Alright ... I've come to grips with giving the only bottle of something I still haven't tried ...

Wish Granted.

Nice. I need to let go on beers like that. Its hard to give people beers you never will get again but i'll keep my eyes out for the next one. I was deciding about the grant this one but mcbaumannerb beat me to it.

Lets see the next one. :mug:

Nice. I need to let go on beers like that. Its hard to give people beers you never will get again but i'll keep my eyes out for the next one. I was deciding about the grant this one but mcbaumannerb beat me to it.

Lets see the next one. :mug:

I was that way when the first lists went up, but when you see your own generosity get returned what can feel like ten-fold, it gets easier!

I was that way when the first lists went up, but when you see your own generosity get returned what can feel like ten-fold, it gets easier!

I just wish I have these beers more readily so I can. That's what came to mind that I can get "better" more return the generosity. Next one definitely, Blizzard was very generous on my first one. I should of jumped on it. One of them was just sitting on the shelf:D

Here goes ...

Cantillon: any 750ml
Crooked Stave: Persica, Oculus, Violet or Wild Wild Brett Indigo
Cigar City: Hunahpu's Imperial Stout
Three Floyds: Dark Lord barrel aged treatment
THe Bruery: Chocolate Rain
Hill Farmstead: Art, Damon, Ephraim or Everett
Allagash: any Coolship or Interlude
Russian River: Consecration, Sanctification or Temptation
Bells: Black Note

Here goes ...

Cantillon: any 750ml
Crooked Stave: Persica, Oculus, Violet or Wild Wild Brett Indigo
Cigar City: Hunahpu's Imperial Stout
Three Floyds: Dark Lord barrel aged treatment
THe Bruery: Chocolate Rain
Hill Farmstead: Art, Damon, Ephraim or Everett
Allagash: any Coolship or Interlude
Russian River: Consecration, Sanctification or Temptation
Bells: Black Note

I can grant this.

The List: (EDITED)
Fantome: Magic ghost, Extra sour, any Sante
Cantillon-: Any
3 fontenien: any (except oude gueze), any Armand 4
De Dolle: Verse Vis
De Struise: Dirty Horse, XXX reserve
Lost abbey: Duck Duck Gooze
3 Floyds: Dark lord, Barrel age DL
Cigar city: hunnapu, Life is like...
Surley: Darkness, Any anniversary
Allagash: Any coolship
Tired Hands: any special bottles
HOTD: Any (on the wood or special)
Russian River: Fambroise for the cure, Beatification

Here is the list now Will add when i think of more

The List:
De Dolle: Oerbier, Stille Nacht, Verse Vis
HOTD: Any
Almanac: any sours

Well, if I didn't have to wait a week, I could fulfill this! :D

Is that easy of a list... Need to make it harder :mug:

Yeah, sent you a PM. ;) With what I've pulled in here lately I can't take yours with shelf beers. But I'm starting to worry people are actually going to figure out De Dolle is one of the World's best breweries and it's going to be as hard to find as Cantillon in a few years. :mad:

Just an FYI to maw readers: new Belgium le terroir 2013 just hit shelves. I'm really excited to see this again. I expect it will see good distro, so I'm not sure it is maw worthy, but be on the lookout if you liked it. Oh yeah, price is way up from the last time it came out, hope it's still worth it.

blizzard said:
Just an FYI to maw readers: new Belgium le terroir 2013 just hit shelves. I'm really excited to see this again. I expect it will see good distro, so I'm not sure it is maw worthy, but be on the lookout if you liked it. Oh yeah, price is way up from the last time it came out, hope it's still worth it.

Came out a couple weeks ago in ATL. $8

I checked two stores here. $18.50.

I just got a bottle today for 8. 18.50 is a bit ridiculous. Good beer, not worth that price though. This beer has been here for at least 5-6 months though and I hope it keeps popping up.

I wouldn't get it if its that much where you at. Its less than ten where I am at. I have no idea why other people are experiencing such a overpriced Le Terroir

Its probably the distributors mostly. I havent seen it yet so I do not know how much it is here. It might be in the $13ish. The La folie is around that here

Its probably the distributors mostly. I havent seen it yet so I do not know how much it is here. It might be in the $13ish. The La folie is around that here

Sounds like most other regions are in the $8-12 range, while Colorado is $17-19. They did the same thing for La Folie. Kind of pisses me off that they are gouging the home team.

Sounds like most other regions are in the $8-12 range, while Colorado is $17-19. They did the same thing for La Folie. Kind of pisses me off that they are gouging the home team.

I agree thats BS that they charge more at home but it could be the distributors that set the price. I havent bought le folie in a while because of the price. Needs to be more sour for me to enjoy. I loved the tour at new belgium when I went last year. Great tour.

446473204_hated_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Ok, didn't hate it, but can't see what all the fuss is about. I've had batches of homebrew I disliked that were better.

DisturbdChemist said:
The List: (EDITED)
De Dolle: Verse Vis
HOTD: Any (on the wood or special)

Bump. His list got buried faster than he granted the previous MAW

Here is a start..

3Fs - Any BA Dark Lord
Founders - CBS
Cigar City: Hunahpu's Imperial Stout (any)
Bruery - Chocolate Rain / Black Tuesday
Alesmith - Barrel aged Speedway stout
Dark Horse - BB Plead the 5th
Fifty Fifty - Eclipse Elijah Craig

Here is a start..

3Fs - Any BA Dark Lord
Founders - CBS
Cigar City: Hunahpu's Imperial Stout (any)
Bruery - Chocolate Rain / Black Tuesday
Alesmith - Barrel aged Speedway stout
Dark Horse - BB Plead the 5th
Fifty Fifty - Eclipse Elijah Craig
Deschutes - The Abyss
Surly - Darkness
HOTD - Cherry Adam from the wood,
Bourbon County Stout variants other than Coffee

Added a few

Unfortunately I can't help with the current list.

I was reading back in the beginning of this thread and the lists have really evolved. The first few were easy and then JJ got a lot of grief for his impossible list that looks easier now, relatively speaking. Kinda funny

Unfortunately I can't help with the current list.

I was reading back in the beginning of this thread and the lists have really evolved. The first few were easy and then JJ got a lot of grief for his impossible list that looks easier now, relatively speaking. Kinda funny

I remember that lol

Operation destroy porch was successfully completed by TheMan. I came home from out of town to find my monster MAW hit. Justin sent a never ending box, I just kept pulling out beer after beer after beer after beer after beer....you get the idea. Thank you doesn't cover it, TheMan rocked it and I am so excited to drink all this beer. The Berliner went straight to the fridge.

kVneyTt.jpg

8Vy2ROV.jpg

3B4B53O.jpg

JmCSKHk.jpg

Back