Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think tflew is travelling the seven seas to find the sickest, rarest, most awesome sour beers without the word brett in the name on the planet. His journey will be a long and arduous one. He'll look danger in the eye, which he will meet with a hearty seaman's laugh. He'll bleed, sweat and shed only one tear. But in the end, our friend, our brother in beer, will endure all that the underworld can throw at him to succeed in finding.........THE MOST DOPALICIOUS BEER ON THE PLANET. All for me.

While I'm travelling the 7 seas looking for tasty brews heres my list to keep this thing flowing...

1. Heady Topper
2.Founders KBS
3. 3Floyds Dreadnaught Ipa
4. 3 Floyds Dark Lord RIS Bourbon Barrel Aged
5. Hill Farmstead (any sour)
6. Hopslam

Well stick with those 6 for now...shouldn't be to tricky to find but all beers I can't get and want to try.

Happy Hunting!:tank:

While I'm travelling the 7 seas looking for tasty brews heres my list to keep this thing flowing...

1. Heady Topper
2.Founders KBS
6. Hopslam

Well stick with those 6 for now...shouldn't be to tricky to find but all beers I can't get and want to try.

Happy Hunting!:tank:

Your welcome to keep it its your wish but FWIW hopslam is well past its prime. Its only released once a year and was back in January.

Your welcome to keep it its your wish but FWIW hopslam is well past its prime. Its only released once a year and was back in January.

Thanks for the catch...

Updated List:

1. Heady Topper
2.Founders KBS
6. Cigar City hunahpu (any barrel aged)

tflew said:
Thanks for the catch...

Updated List:

1. Heady Topper
2.Founders KBS
6. Cigar City hunahpu (any barrel aged)

I will take this.

I will take this.

I wouldn't trust this guy. :D You know when someone puts heady on the list you have to send a case?

In case your internet sarcasm meter is broken, I'm pretty sure this punk will rise to the occasion and destroy your porch. Much as I hope to destroy his porch in return.

Knew it'd go quick but was hoping if it expanded a tad I'd get one. No biggie. Hardest thing is how competitive it is around here to get anything limited. Most of the time anything tough to get never even makes it on a shelf or behind a counter.

My local bottle shop has started holding things back. When i bought all that black ops, it was at a different store than i normally go to. When i told the guy at my regular shop, he told me he had a whole case left, And a case of black chocolate stout. Then last week i saw a case of ba bigfoot and asked about. One guy told me its not for sale, then a week later a different guy said it was and was already spoken for. Kinda BS that hes not telling me about these hidden gems since i normally spend about a hundo or more a week in there.

My local bottle shop has started holding things back. When i bought all that black ops, it was at a different store than i normally go to. When i told the guy at my regular shop, he told me he had a whole case left, And a case of black chocolate stout. Then last week i saw a case of ba bigfoot and asked about. One guy told me its not for sale, then a week later a different guy said it was and was already spoken for. Kinda BS that hes not telling me about these hidden gems since i normally spend about a hundo or more a week in there.

My regular shop is the same. They lie to me once in a while. I am not dumb. I am a regular, I see when people buy stuff you told me was out of stock the previous day...

I do have one good shop that is a little further away. He will openly tell me its his last bottle and that he was planning to buy it. But, he will sell it to me. If its for a trade, I dont buy. If its for me personally, I will buy though lol

Yeah. Trying to get into that kind of relationship is tough. My normal shop has a sign behind the counter saying basically dont come here if you're only looking for limited stuff cause we won't sell it to you. I'm more of a normal customer but the owner isn't there too much and the other guys are idiots.

One of times the owner was holding a few things for me one of those kids decided to sell from the area the owner puts items on hold from did not go well for him. Didn't go well for me either since he sold stuff that was hopefully mine.

Also doesn't help that I like to drink all these delicious things as well. Time to try and restock I guess.

Yeah. Trying to get into that kind of relationship is tough. My normal shop has a sign behind the counter saying basically dont come here if you're only looking for limited stuff cause we won't sell it to you. I'm more of a normal customer but the owner isn't there too much and the other guys are idiots.

One of times the owner was holding a few things for me one of those kids decided to sell from the area the owner puts items on hold from did not go well for him. Didn't go well for me either since he sold stuff that was hopefully mine.

Also doesn't help that I like to drink all these delicious things as well. Time to try and restock I guess.

Yeah, you cant just walk in looking only for special releases. Liquor store employees hate them. I make it a point to buy something every time I walk in. They recognize that.

TheMan said:
Yeah, you cant just walk in looking only for special releases. Liquor store employees hate them. I make it a point to buy something every time I walk in. They recognize that.

Always thought it reminded me of hot IPO's back in the late 90's. Guys would come in wanting shares of Hot IPO flavor of the week thinking they are doing me a favor because I get a commission to sell it. I'd explain, you don't understand how this works. We are essentially giving away free money. We have people lining up around the block for this stuff. The shares we get are given to our best clients as a thank you. Now, you want to move a 7 figure account here, then I'll try to get you a hundred shares. Yes, meant to tick him off and get him to move along.

Yeah it sucks. Problem is the only guy that plays by those rules is the owner, who is actually a great guy but has 3-4 younger kids working for him and they have no clue. I've generally been going in there to restock for home or my local swaps the past year or so and everytime I go in I spend somewhere around $100.

I know being a customer for a year isn't a real long time but someone that comes in and spends good cash a few times a month is where he's making money. This shop is also in a terrrrible area which scares business away

I got to work at 5 a.m....probably refreshed this thread 138.5 times. In a maw granting mood, hope its up soon

ive been hoping to see one i can grant as well, i figure ive got some time tho as i dont have a deep cellar like you guys haha

Here's my previous list, I will add tonight unless someone gets to it before me. :D

Russian River Beatifcation
Hill Farmstead (Any)
Cantillion (Any)
Three Floyds Dark Lord
Surly Darkness
Crooked Stave (Any)
Founders CBS
Lawson's Finest - Double Sunshine IPA
The Bruery Sour in the Rye with Peaches
Allagash FV 13
Logsdon Peche 'n Brett
Cigar City Hunahpu
Jester King RU-55
Pipeworks - Raspberry Truffle Abduction, Coffee Abduction

Hill Farmstead (Any)
Cantillion (Any)
Three Floyds Dark Lord
Surly Darkness
Crooked Stave (Any)
Founders CBS
Allagash FV 13
Logsdon Peche 'n Brett
Cigar City Hunahpu
Jester King RU-55
DC Brau - OTWOA
Tired Hands (Whatever is good)
Toppling Goliath - Mornin' Delight, Kentucky Brunch
Cascade Blueberry
GI Halia (probably not even released yet but OMG if you have a chance get it!)
Kate the Great
HoTD Matt

Hill Farmstead (Any)
Cantillion (Any)
Three Floyds Dark Lord
Surly Darkness
Crooked Stave (Any)
Founders CBS
Allagash FV 13
Logsdon Peche 'n Brett
Cigar City Hunahpu
Jester King RU-55
DC Brau - OTWOA
Tired Hands (Whatever is good)
Toppling Goliath - Mornin' Delight, Kentucky Brunch
Cascade Blueberry
GI Halia (probably not even released yet but OMG if you have a chance get it!)
Kate the Great
HoTD Matt

Bombs away!

Back