Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it's been awhile and there hasn't been much action, i'll put an easy one out there to hopefully get some action for everybody. Heres my list.

Any sour without the word brett in the name.

That is all.

Hill farmstead, Russian River or Jester King would be nice, but not required.

mikeysab said:
Since it's been awhile and there hasn't been much action, i'll put an easy one out there to hopefully get some action for everybody. Heres my list.

Any sour without the word brett in the name.

That is all.

Hill farmstead, Russian River or Jester King would be nice, but not required.

I don't have the three you listed as would be nice but I do have a couple I could fill this with...finally jumping in!

I like lists like these. Simple but it gives the sender a chance to really surprise you. I have a feeling you'll get hooked up nicely.

As i was writing my list, I was thinking "I should just make a normal list and get some monster beers." But Samurais list sat for five days and i figured I'd try to stimulate a little action. I figured I'd be screwing myself at first, but i know someone will make it worthwhile. I did the same thing last time and Skeezer dropped a package on me that made me wanna dance through the streets all nekkid like. I trust you guys to gimme some goodies.

I don't have the three you listed as would be nice but I do have a couple I could fill this with...finally jumping in!

The three i listed were just a couple breweries I lust after. But I lust after Jessica Biel and I know i'll never have her. Just any non brett named sour, no matter who brewed it.

Yup I can do this one. Tried to pm from my phone but it said connection error so ill pm you when I get home

tflew said:
Yup I can do this one. Tried to pm from my phone but it said connection error so ill pm you when I get home

So you are granting Mikeys maw? If so woohoo. Make sure you pm the grantee to be safe.

Sweet, thanks man. Looking forward to seeing what you choose. I feel good about leaving my package in another mans hands.

Yea ill pm when I get home...some say I can handle a "package"...especially when he doesn't see what's coming...

Damn I actually could have got this one. I never have more than one. One post closer to 100 though.

Nice, and by then I'll be back from my CO trip, so lots of crooked stave sours.

I judged a homebrew comp today and got to judge the Berliner weisse and lambic category! It was awesome.

Man, as I'm drinking this Pipeworks orange truffle abduction, I thought I shoulda put some RIS on my list. I'll forget all about that when its gone and the madame rose gets opened.

Nice, and by then I'll be back from my CO trip, so lots of crooked stave sours.

I judged a homebrew comp today and got to judge the Berliner weisse and lambic category! It was awesome.

That's awesome. I got Scottish ales my last competition and quite a few were less than par. Sometimes you get good groups sometimes bad. Hope to see you in on the fun soon

That's awesome. I got Scottish ales my last competition and quite a few were less than par. Sometimes you get good groups sometimes bad. Hope to see you in on the fun soon

Well the first flight I judged was American wheat and rye and it was terrible, barely a single beer to pass to the second round. Second flight I did ordinary bitters and it was much better, but sours was def best!

I had a framboise from a member in this thread who sent it along with my first maw. Probably one of the best sours i ever had, homebrewed or commercial. It was the sour that got me into sours. I was expecting to take a sip and dump it but hot diggety dog, it was awesome.

My wife and I are loving sours, well more me recently since finding out we are expecting a 2nd. But I put a few aside for her and hope to attempt to brew one for when she is ready.

mikeysab said:
I had a framboise from a member in this thread who sent it along with my first maw. Probably one of the best sours i ever had, homebrewed or commercial. It was the sour that got me into sours. I was expecting to take a sip and dump it but hot diggety dog, it was awesome.

I think you should give em some props in the open and say who's it was. Unless that's something they'd rather keep quiet.

I was kinda hoping he would said "Cool, that was me" but it was igotsand. He said it was a group brew. I was mad when it was gone. Popped my sour cherry.

I was kinda hoping he would said "Cool, that was me" but it was igotsand. He said it was a group brew. I was mad when it was gone. Popped my sour cherry.

Awesome, it was me! Sorry haven't checked in until now. .
Glad u liked the framboise! Thought I'd never hear I popped a dudes sour cherry..but its the maw and anything is possible!
I still got a bottle or two stashed away for rainy days. ..or for trade extras. .

Where's the current list? Who's up? Lets do this!

Love that....i'm back, wheres the list, lets do this. I believe we're still waiting on a list. So we can't do anything for now.

And a big thank you, fine sir, for pushing me over the edge of sour beers. That framboise was killer and the consecration helped seal he deal. Since that day, i've been trying to get my grubby paws on any sour i can, as you can tell from my last two maw lists. Hope you get a list I can return the favor on.

Theres no list to bump. I think tflew is travelling the seven seas to find the sickest, rarest, most awesome sour beers without the word brett in the name on the planet. His journey will be a long and arduous one. He'll look danger in the eye, which he will meet with a hearty seaman's laugh. He'll bleed, sweat and shed only one tear. But in the end, our friend, our brother in beer, will endure all that the underworld can throw at him to succeed in finding.........THE MOST DOPALICIOUS BEER ON THE PLANET. All for me.

Damn, theres that moviefone guy voice in my head again.

Back