Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping. I did it because there hasnt really been much action the last week or so and theres been some new guys waiting to get in here. I'm actually giving up a bottle that i considered untouchable since i got it. But this thread is about GIVING, not hoarding, so i'll just try to get another one.

Something soured with lactobacillus. Rr consecration, JP sobrehano palena'ole, The Bruery sour in the rye. I made up a list. I guess i'll have to find it and post it up

Heres a better list

From JP
La Roja
Cinco anos
Bambic
Luciernaga
Calabaza blanca

From HF
Geneology
prolegomena
Mimosa
Vera mae
Elaborative #1
Damon

mikeysab said:
Heres a better list

From JP
La Roja
Cinco anos
Bambic
Luciernaga
Calabaza blanca

From HF
Geneology
prolegomena
Mimosa
Vera mae
Elaborative #1
Damon

For clarification, the JP's ARE what you want? Those are easy shelf beers for me.

I had a discussion about types of sour with someone and he totally got it. I guess the bone dry, tart sours are what i'm after.

mikeysab said:
Heres a better list

From JP
La Roja
Cinco anos
Bambic
Luciernaga
Calabaza blanca

From HF
Geneology
prolegomena
Mimosa
Vera mae
Elaborative #1
Damon

Is this your list or examples of non Brett? Because a lot of them have Brett, and a couple are stouts (not sour).

Edit, just saw your last repy, so know what you mean now.

I'm new to sours so i'm basically going by what i've had and reviews that explain similar tastes to what i've had. I guess brett heavy and brett only beers are what i don't like. Brett saisons, for example, are not desirable to me. But consecration, which is soured more by pedio/lacto than brett, is awesome. This is also a learning experience for me, so I won't turn down a brett heavy beer. Like Boulevard Saison Brett, i liked it. But othet brett saisons, not so much. Hard to explain.

mikeysab said:
I'm new to sours so i'm basically going by what i've had and reviews that explain similar tastes to what i've had. I guess brett heavy and brett only beers are what i don't like. Brett saisons, for example, are not desirable to me. But consecration, which is soured more by pedio/lacto than brett, is awesome. This is also a learning experience for me, so I won't turn down a brett heavy beer. Like Boulevard Saison Brett, i liked it. But othet brett saisons, not so much. Hard to explain.

Ok, well I can grant your wish...

Ok, here is a something to start with:

50:50 eclipse vairants
Avery Sours
Bourbon County Stout variants
Cantillon (except Gueze/Rose de Gambrinus/Kriek)
Cigar City Hunahpu (regular or BA)
Cigar City Marshall Zhukov
Ithaca LeBlue
Founders CBS
Hair of the Dog-anything sour or "from the wood"
Hill Farmstead sours or stouts
Logsdon Peche n' Brett
Lawson's Double Sunshine (or other IIPAs)
Pelican Mother of All Storms
Perrenial BA Abraxas
Russian River Beatification
Upland Lambics

Avery Sours
Ithaca LeBlue
Founders CBS
Logsdon Peche n' Brett
Perrenial BA Abraxas
Upland Lambics

I predict someone from Illinoi or Vermont will fulfill this wish.

Got my maw the other day! Thanks dotjerdot! Drank the spring fever already, it was pretty awesome.

ForumRunner_20130624_213644.jpg

Avery Sours
Ithaca LeBlue
Founders CBS
Logsdon Peche n' Brett
Perrenial BA Abraxas
Upland Lambics

Adding to the above list:
Any Hill Farmstead
Rare or RareR D.O.S
Jackie O's (sours preferred, anything is ok)
New Belgium Le Terroir
Goose Island Juliet
Ithaca Brute
Cascade Brewing (anything sour/funky)

I only had bottle of 1 Le Terroir, but got a little drunk and decided to share it with a few friends that had never had a sour. I should of just done a Rodenbach Grand Cru or something...

I'm silently waiting for someone new to grab this maw....if its still up in 3 weeks, ill take it though.

so while we wait i have a question, since i joined the beginning of may i do not yet meet the 3 month requirement, but do my posts and itrader feedback make up for the extra month i would have to wait? I cannot fullfill this list but there have been at least 1 list in the past few weeks i could have picked up, let me know what you guys r thinking!

Someone else brought that up a while ago and KeyWestBrewing said that the 100 posts/3 months are pretty much set in stone. So you're halfway there - just keep stocking that cellar and you'll be good to go come August! :)

It's kind of hard when running these things and trying to keep everyone legit. Everyone wants to be an exception to the rule with the best intentions, yet its a slippery slope if you let one guy be an exception. Where do you draw the line then?

Plus, as keywest explained to me when I asked about his reasoning for it and how I should conduct the local swap, requiring the 3 months helps to add activity to the forum. Thus giving back in a way.

i completely understand just had been thinking about asking so i thought i would. I will take mcbaumannerb's advice and start to grow my cellar, which is currently only populated by a russian river damnation

2013-06-18 08.02.30.jpg

haha dont worry about it, i kinda figured i would get that answer, i could not grant this wish anyway so no troubles here! if you still feel upset though, you could send me some of those awesome beers you enjoy sending out hahahaha totally kidding!

Latest posts

Back