Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my way out the door, but pics are coming. Toby is insane. Insane I tell you.

Don't send a bunch of extras I said. I think that pissed him off.

This was a triple play MAW, eMAW, bMAW grant from Mark. I've had a few of these before, but am very pleased to get more. On to the pics...

Westy and BA Sexual Chocolate were the MAW grant. Really pleased to get BORIS and DORIS since that means I can drink them and still have the two I have aging from a trade for later. :)

Note the #properglassware to go with Forest & Main Paradisaea.

Either Mark is psychic, or he's been browsing my wish list on Untappd. lol

Forgot to put the Sly Fox glass in the pic with the BA Nihilist, but the 668 glass is only going to get used for that beer and then it goes on the shelf in the office.

Last, but not least, the homebrews. I need to stop judging so much and start brewing more again to be able to include this sort of thing in *MAWs. The glass is Terrapin Midnight Monk which served as unpacking fuel.

This was a triple play MAW, eMAW, bMAW grant from Mark. I've had a few of these before, but am very pleased to get more. On to the pics...

Westy and BA Sexual Chocolate were the MAW grant. Really pleased to get BORIS and DORIS since that means I can drink them and still have the two I have aging from a trade for later. :)

Note the #properglassware to go with Forest & Main Paradisaea.

Either Mark is psychic, or he's been browsing my wish list on Untappd. lol

Forgot to put the Sly Fox glass in the pic with the BA Nihilist, but the 668 glass is only going to get used for that beer and then it goes on the shelf in the office.

Last, but not least, the homebrews. I need to stop judging so much and start brewing more again to be able to include this sort of thing in *MAWs. The glass is Terrapin Midnight Monk which served as unpacking fuel.

Glad I hit some wants on the extras! Be careful with the Nihlist - it is heavily carved (tasty but pour with caution.)

Enjoy Toby! :mug:

Aargh. I really, really hate the HBT app. I had a nice long post typed out and it's gone.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414716946.889748.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414716958.526017.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414716970.786536.jpg

Short version, I told Toby not to send a bunch of extras. He obviously didn't listen. I'd even say he went slightly overboard. Slightly.

I consider it beer karma. Just a rundown. Atrial and Nocturn were the grant. Detritivore was another brewery only JK (middle of last pic). Tree to Sea, Long of Tooth, Saints Devotion, and Smokey and the Bois were all Rare Beer Club stuff (Smokey was RBC and Reserve or higher exclusive blend of Black Tuesday, Smoking Wood, and Bois). Unmarked bomber is my Scotch ale aged on Macallan 15 soaked oak chips (the base has taken its category in multiple comps, and I'm in this month's Zymurgy from a 3rd place BOS for it). It's available only by dispensation from SWMBO. Loup Garou is a Bayou Teche winter seasonal only available in Louisiana. Parish Grand Reserve is a yearly release. 2013 only had 2000 bottles produced. Old Money is a sour imperial stout from a nearby MS brewery. Finally, The Good, The Bad, and The Unidragon is a TX exclusive version of Blaecorn Unidragon made with all TX malts.

Pic 1 : Atrial b4 & Nocturum b2. Would have been very happy with just these!!

Pic 2: Southern brews.
Fullsteam Tree to See is a spruce gose (?) with Riverbend Malt. I'll save that one for next time I'm at the malt house. :)
Toby's (imperial) Scotch ale aged on Macallan 15 soaked cubes.
Bayou Teche Loup Garou 'Belgian' Stout - Love the bottle art.
Parish Grand Reserve barleywine. New brewery for me, this one has some good reviews!
Lazy Magnolia Old Money barrel aged stout. I figured this guy was force carbed so it went straight in the fridge. Definitely the best Lazt Magnolia I've had, it's like iced coffee.

Pic 3
Long in the Tooth. Surly + De Proef = Excited!!!!
Lost Abbey Saint's Devotion. Bretted Pale.
JK Detritivore - Excited to try this. I've never thought about reusing fruit.
Bruery Smokey and the Bois. Blackout city, population 1.
Clown Shoes - The Good, the bad, and the Unidragon. No slouch at 13%. It's on deck. Hopefully my wife stays up for another beer or I'm going to be yelling at the TV really loud by the 4th qtr.

Thanks again Toby. I really can't say that enough!

Wish granted!

Here is my list

I would love to get the following surly beers. I also could wait a few weeks on shipping if someone from MN could grant since I don't think abrasive or eight has been released.

1.Surly darkness 2014
2.Surly eight
3.Surly abrasive

Others:
512 double pecan porter
Beatification
BCBS Prop
BA dark lord
BA Speedway stout

Wish granted!

Here is my list

I would love to get the following surly beers. I also could wait a few weeks on shipping if someone from MN could grant since I don't think abrasive or eight has been released.

1.Surly darkness 2014
2.Surly eight
3.Surly abrasive

Others:
512 double pecan porter
Beatification
BCBS Prop
BA dark lord
BA Speedway stout
Brimstone bomb
BA plead the 5th

Tempting

True, while I could grant based on the other wishes but am sure someone else could hit the primary wants much better. I don't think this list will sit long, but if it does I will reconsider.

Updated list: I took off 512 double pecan porter because of infection concerns brought to my attention by a member.

Here is my list

1.Surly darkness 2014
2.Surly eight
3.Surly abrasive

Others:
Beatification
BCBS Prop
BA dark lord
BA Speedway stout

I took off a few of the easier ones because I am going to let the primary wants sit for a little bit. I REALLY would like to get darkness and eight, and I think that those would be easier to grant than other lists I have seen. I'll add more in a day or so.

I'm digging the slightly easier lists lol. Super whales are great and all, but I get a warm and fuzzy feeling deep down knowing that I have atleast one bottle cellared that somebody really wants.

OK. Confirmed via PM.

Been a while since I've been on the MAW. I'll start with a small list.

HF- Art
HF- any 2L growler of something hoppy
DB Huna
Assassin '14
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
BA Viet-Speedway
NEB- Growler of Imperial Stout Trooper or Fuzzy Baby Ducks
Darkness '11 or older

I'm digging the slightly easier lists lol. Super whales are great and all, but I get a warm and fuzzy feeling deep down knowing that I have atleast one bottle cellared that somebody really wants.

If I can grant another list, you'll like the one I put up. Have a relatively easy one ready to go.

Unfortunately I've only got one off this list though.

Had 4 from the previous list, but they were all from the secondary wants. Back to having none. The BA Viet-speedway is a pre release request? Not available in bottles until Nov 15th.

Is 4 not good enough to grant with nowadays?

When the original poster indicated he really wanted the top of the list, and those were not exactly whales but I had none of those. Based on the location of the grantor, it looks like he will have a better chance to get his primary wants. If it had set a while, I would have granted.

Adding a couple:

HF- Art
DB Huna
Assassin '14
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
pre-BA Viet-Speedway
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG

If you're close I'm open to suggestions. Especially if you can get a 2L HF growler of something. I collect growlers so this could work with just something else good (not necessarily MAW worthy) added with for a grant.

Also, for you Chicago people. Don't know if they'll do it, but a Revolution Brewing growler of Deth's Tar would work too by just adding something else good.

Adding:
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla

Adding a couple:

HF- Art
DB Huna
Assassin '14
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
pre-BA Viet-Speedway
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG

If you're close I'm open to suggestions. Especially if you can get a 2L HF growler of something. I collect growlers so this could work with just something else good (not necessarily MAW worthy) added with for a grant.

Also, for you Chicago people. Don't know if they'll do it, but a Revolution Brewing growler of Deth's Tar would work too by just adding something else good.

Adding:
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla
West Ashley
Imperial Blud- 18th St. release saturday

HF- Art
DB Huna
Assassin '14
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
pre-BA Viet-Speedway
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla
West Ashley
Westly
Imperial Blud
Hunter Vanilla
any BA Mexican Cake
any Side Project
Veritas 014
Colour Five

If you're close I'm open to suggestions. Especially if you can get a 2L HF growler of something.

HF- Art, Sue
DB Huna
Assassin any year
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
pre-BA Viet-Speedway
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla
West Ashley
Westly
Imperial Blud
Hunter Vanilla
any BA Mexican Cake
any Side Project
Veritas 014
Colour Five
Cask 200
Rum-Oil of Aphrodite

If you're close I'm open to suggestions. Especially if you can get a 2L HF growler of something.

HF- Art, Sue
DB Huna
Assassin any year
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
pre-BA Viet-Speedway
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla
West Ashley
Westly
Imperial Blud
Hunter Vanilla
any BA Mexican Cake
any Side Project
Veritas 014
Colour Five
Cask 200
Rum-Oil of Aphrodite

Adding
3 bros. Vanilla Resolute
Wicked Weed Dark Arts
SARA Stenciled Pages

HF- Art, Sue
DB Huna
Assassin any year
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
BA Viet-Speedway
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla
West Ashley
Westly
Imperial Blud
Hunter Vanilla
any BA Mexican Cake
any Side Project
Veritas 014
Colour Five
Cask 200
Rum-Oil of Aphrodite
Wicked Weed Dark Arts
SARA Stenciled Pages
3 Bros. -Resolute- reg, vanilla, vanilla mole
14' Fou' Foune
Trace of Remy
Remy's Pappy
Conquistador de la muerte
Befuddlement

Pretty sure I killed the MAW but I'll keep adding:

HF- Art, Sue
DB Huna
Assassin any year
Life is Like
Rum Black Tuesday
BA Viet-Speedway
Darkness '11 or older
BA Abraxas
BA Moloko
BA Big Sound
DDG
Blue Bbls
Pre- GI Prop
Pre- GI Vanilla
West Ashley
Westly
Imperial Blud
Hunter Vanilla
any BA Mexican Cake
any Side Project
Veritas 014
Colour Five
Cask 200
Rum-Oil of Aphrodite
Wicked Weed Dark Arts
SARA Stenciled Pages
3 Bros. -Resolute- reg, vanilla, vanilla mole
14' Fou' Foune
Trace of Remy
Remy's Pappy
Conquistador de la muerte
Befuddlement
Aurelian Lure
BA Sexual Chocolate
Any BA Dark Lord
Nocturn Chrysalis

My 2 cents, take it or leave it, Balcones Bomb is rare but as far as taste not MAW worthy. Its just not much if any better than regular bomb. And with Nocturn on your list I'd say Aurelian Lure and Atrial are way better and you may want to add them. Again take it for what it is, just some random opinion.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it, Balcones Bomb is rare but as far as taste not MAW worthy. Its just not much if any better than regular bomb. And with Nocturn on your list I'd say Aurelian Lure and Atrial are way better and you may want to add them. Again take it for what it is, just some random opinion.

Thanks for the info. Took Balcones off the list. I would rather have a great beer than just a rare beer. As far as the Jester Kings I'll add Aurelian. I've had Atrial and thought it was fantastic.

Back