Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
List:
Hill Farmstead – this is what I really want. Saisons/(D)IPA preferred, but ill take anything
Alchemist (any)
De Garde (anything)
Commons (anything)
Russian River (any)
Side Project (any)
Lawsons (any)
Maine (Any Hoppy)
Perennial (any)
New Glarus (Serendipidy, Belgian Red)
Tired Hands (any)
Funkwerks (deceit, tropic king)
Cigar City – Wood aged Jai Alai, Espresso Cubano
Toppling Goliath (any)
Prairie (Bomb, Bible Belt)
Vietnamese Coffee Speedway (my timing is perfect, no? ☺ )

Sort of in order, but not necessarily. My Favorites are saisons, hop bombs and sours, but I also like stouts, strong ales, Belgians. Willing to consider anything I’ve forgotten that I can’t get in OH. Will add more if necessary.

Ive seen dinner pop up a lot and I'm sure a lot of people don't know this, but it's a brewery only release and sells out day of. This past release people waited outside in the cold rain as early as 6am. Not E-maw type stuff.

Ive seen dinner pop up a lot and I'm sure a lot of people don't know this, but it's a brewery only release and sells out day of. This past release people waited outside in the cold rain as early as 6am. Not E-maw type stuff.

I didn't know that. I've had nothing from them. Any recommendations on something better to list from them?

I didn't know that. I've had nothing from them. Any recommendations on something better to list from them?

Just say anything. Zoe and King Titus are my favs but the half dozen I have had all are very good beers. D is not the best beer they make. I agree with xpert that the beer in question does not fit this thread as it isn't shelf beer, but it also doesn't fit the whale maw either as it normally is pretty easy to get in a trade so saying MBC anything might get it from a generous guy.

Pretty much anything from Maine is in the good to great range. My personal recommendations (of the stuff that's normally available) are Red Wheelbarrow and Zoe.

Honestly I love their whole line up...I dont think you'd be unhappy with any hoppy beer from them.

Lunch, Another One, peeper are prolly my favs

Okay. I updated the list. Maybe I need to travel to the NE more often; all my trips for work seem to take me to the west. Thanks for the tips, guys!

List:
Hill Farmstead – this is what I really want. Saisons/(D)IPA preferred, but ill take anything
Alchemist (any)
De Garde (anything)
Commons (anything)
Russian River (any)
Side Project (any)
Lawsons (any)
Maine (Any Hoppy)
Perennial (any)
New Glarus (Serendipidy, Belgian Red)
Tired Hands (any)
Funkwerks (deceit, tropic king)
Cigar City – Wood aged Jai Alai, Espresso Cubano
Toppling Goliath (any)
Prairie (Bomb, Bible Belt)
Vietnamese Coffee Speedway (my timing is perfect, no? ☺ )

Sort of in order, but not necessarily. My Favorites are saisons, hop bombs and sours, but I also like stouts, strong ales, Belgians. Willing to consider anything I’ve forgotten that I can’t get in OH. Will add more if necessary.

It has been a while, I can grant this.

Let's start here.

Duclaw - Sweet Baby Jesus
Cycle Brewing - Any
Alchemist - any
HF - any
Pipeworks - any
Tired hands - any
Maine beer company - any
Westbrook - any
Funkwerks - any
Prairie - any sour
Russian River - any
Spencer Trappist
Jester King - Any
Sante Adairius Rustic Ales - Any
Wicked Weed - Any
Thirsty Dog - Any
Bissell Brothers Brewing Co. - Any

Lets keep it going

For reference my favorite styles are hop forward beers, saisons, and sours. Lets start here

Any Alpine
Any La cumbre
Any De garde
Any Boneyard
Lawsons any except spring fever
Any Shorts hoppy beer or saison
Any Pegs Cantina or Cycle Brewing
Any Toppling Goliath
Surly Coffee Bender or Abrasive
Any Bissell brothers
Any oxbow
Any fiddlehead
Any trinity brewing(CO) hoppy, saison, sour preferred
Any crooked stave except surette vielle, or st. Bretta
Any rare barrel
Any kern river

Lets keep it going

For reference my favorite styles are hop forward beers, saisons, and sours. Lets start here

Any Alpine
Any La cumbre
Any De garde
Any Boneyard
Any Toppling Goliath
Any Bissell brothers
Any oxbow
Any fiddlehead
Any rare barrel
Any kern river
Any Funky Buddha Lounge
Jester King Figlet
Any Kuhnhenn
Prairie any bomb but the original
Any 100% brett beer not made my russian river or Wicked weed, no sacc at all please
Any Treehouse
Any HF
Belching beaver PB milk stout
Any Arizona Wilderness sour, hoppy, or saison
Any Jacks Abby except Hoponious

additions

So close!! I could do the Bomb! (Pirate), but I've got no others. Unless you'd be interested in Love Child #4, by Boulevard.. 😁

I think Love Child is one of the best sour beers made in the U.S. but I already have some. I'll keep adding, I may hit you.

Any Alpine
Any La cumbre
Any De garde
Any Boneyard
Any Toppling Goliath
Any Bissell brothers
Any oxbow
Any fiddlehead
Any rare barrel
Any kern river
Any Funky Buddha Lounge
Jester King Figlet
Any Kuhnhenn
Any 100% brett beer not made my russian river or Wicked weed, no sacc at all please
Any Treehouse
Any HF
Any Block 15
Mac and Jacks African amber
Any NEBCO but ghandi bot
Upright Fantasia is a shelf beer for the next 2 days ;)

Question for current list and in general. Draft only beers (Boneyard, Mac and Jacks, Societe?) are you guys worried about loss of carbonation in growler over the period of a day or two? Expediting shipping?

I ship growlers, but only the flip top ones. They last a week or more, but the screw top caps don't hold carb nearly as well

This time of year when it's cold the growlers do even better. This is a good time for a PSA, with the cold front coming in and general winter temps, be thoughtful about where your packages are traveling and the temps. Also never ship a package that will sit over the weekend.

I shipped a growler to CA and it took 10 days for the recipient to get it due to a Fedex mishap. The recipient said it still had plenty of carb. We might have just gotten lucky.

EDIT: It was a screw on cap.

Haven't been able to grant a few due to swmbo claiming the cellar is leaking into our main fridge (#swmboproblems)

Haven't been able to grant a few due to swmbo claiming the cellar is leaking (into our main fridge #swmboproblems)

That struggle is real. Mine doesn't know I picked up a Preservation Society membership.

Just kidding. I picked up two. :D

Ha. Only thing my SWMBO says is "do we have enough sour beer?" I'll add more later after the weekday crowd has seen the list.

Any Alpine
Any La cumbre
Any De garde
Any Boneyard
Any Toppling Goliath
Any Bissell brothers
Any oxbow
Any fiddlehead
Any rare barrel
Any kern river
Any Funky Buddha Lounge
Jester King Figlet
Any Kuhnhenn
Any Treehouse
Any HF
Any Block 15
Any NEBCO but ghandi bot
Upright Fantasia is a shelf beer for the next 2 days

Question for current list and in general. Draft only beers (Boneyard, Mac and Jacks, Societe?) are you guys worried about loss of carbonation in growler over the period of a day or two? Expediting shipping?
Another consideration would be as to how "easy" some of those are. Not familiar with those (other than Societe) in particular, but I wonder about the 'shelf-ness' of some lists. Obviously growlers that are available in local shops would be OK assuming the granter is OK with it, but if you can only get it at the brewery, it seems a little past the spirit of the eMAW.

All that being said. Metal screw caps with gaskets sealed with electric tape or flip tops held in place with electric tape can hold carb pretty well, IME. Plastic screw caps not so much.

@nukebrewer's box is being sent today. Although Gorilla Tape is more expensive, I paid $10 for 40 yards, two rolls and the dispenser at Home Depot, it is great tape. Very easy to use and I love how thick it is.

Ha. Only thing my SWMBO says is "do we have enough sour beer?" I'll add more later after the weekday crowd has seen the list.

Any Alpine
Any La cumbre
Any De garde
Any Boneyard
Any Toppling Goliath
Any Bissell brothers
Any oxbow
Any fiddlehead
Any rare barrel
Any kern river
Any Funky Buddha Lounge
Jester King Figlet
Any Kuhnhenn
Any Treehouse
Any HF
Any Block 15
Any NEBCO but ghandi bot

This should get it done
Any Shelf sour not distributed to PA, OH, MD, WV, SC, NC

Any Alpine
Any La cumbre
Any De garde
Any Boneyard
Any Toppling Goliath
Any Bissell brothers
Any oxbow
Any fiddlehead
Any rare barrel
Any kern river
Any Funky Buddha Lounge
Jester King Figlet
Any Kuhnhenn
Any Treehouse
Any HF
Any Block 15
Any NEBCO but ghandi bot

One of the above plus

Any Shelf sour, saison or hop forward beer that you think is tasty and not distributed to PA, OH, MD, WV, SC, NC

DuClaw- Sweet Baby Jesus
NoDa - Hop Drop and Roll

Anything from:

The Alchemist
Prairie
Crooked Stave
De Garde
Pipeworks
Revolution
Russian River
Tired Hands
Wicked Weed
Toppling Goliath

Or

Any awesome Porter, Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, IPA or IIPA not distributed to MN or WI.

Back