Coopers Australian Pale Ale Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.R.S

Reaction score
Brewed many years ago and it was always foul. Have just bought a starter kit with the apa. all done and in the fermenting bin today and would welcome any advice on correct temperature, days it should be fermented etc. Coopers seem to have a wide range of temperatures 21 to 27 but I have started out at the lower end of 22. is this too warm?

I would go with lower is better.

Also, depending on the instruction you got, it says probably bottle in a week, but I would wait 2min for their kits.

Did you use sugar or dme to bulk it up?

Also in this attempt and your earlier ones, did you use their yeast or another?

I would go with lower is better.

Also, depending on the instruction you got, it says probably bottle in a week, but I would wait 2min for their kits.

Did you use sugar or dme to bulk it up?

Also in this attempt and your earlier ones, did you use their yeast or another?
Thanks for responding and tips with fermenting time. Re-reading my post it sounds like I have brewed using a coopers kit before. This was not the case as the last time I brewed was a long time ago in the days of Boots only kits!
So this time I used the ale yeast that came with the coopers kit, pitched the yeast on Sunday at 22c and now temp is 20c.
I used the brew enhancer 1 that came with the kit
I can't see any real activity yet. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for responding and tips with fermenting time. Re-reading my post it sounds like I have brewed using a coopers kit before. This was not the case as the last time I brewed was a long time ago in the days of Boots only kits!
So this time I used the ale yeast that came with the coopers kit, pitched the yeast on Sunday at 22c and now temp is 20c.
I used the brew enhancer 1 that came with the kit
I can't see any real activity yet. Fingers crossed!

Good job in using the enhancer instead of table sugar (that much of a percentage of sugar in beer can be okay in some styles but not all, or many even)

Next time I would also recommend using a better yeast. While coopers dry yeast is surprisingly good quality (it does both ales and lagers well) it isn't temp or quality controlled inside of the tin.

Latest posts

Back