Cooling wort question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfish713

Reaction score
Has anyone used there SS brew bucket with temp control to cool wort. I am just going all grain and was wondering if it would work

Ohh it will do it but its gonna take a while as that is not what its designed to do really.

If you do it toss a timer next to it and give us some feed back as to how well that worked.

Cheers
Jay

Can't answer your question but I thought I'd raise a few other questions.
Do you then plan to pitch in it? There will be a lot of cold break material.
Can you crash in one? The temp drop from post boil temps to pitching temps is even greater than the drop from ferm temps to crash temps. Meaning there will be quite a bit of negative pressure, or air lock suck.

I am ordering the SS Chronical, and have been researching those products. According to them, you totally can use it as a chiller with the temp. control system. The cold break should settle to the bottom of the cone on the brew bucket, there is a valve to release yeast and solids settling at the bottom.

Back