Connecting T to ball lock fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synovia

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm trying to attack a T directly to the flare fitting on a ball lock gas out. What do I need to buy here?

2010-10-04175125.jpg

This is how I did it.

I supposed I could do that... was trying to avoid the run of tube, but worst case, its not that bad.

Ok here ya go...I actually just completed a similar project and if I get motivated I may post pictures.

You will need the following to attach to the ball lock:

1/4" Flare Swivel (I could only find this at Ace Hardware. My local HD and Lowes did not have this part)

1/4" Male Flare x 1/4" MIP

1/4" Brass Tee - Don't forget the teflon tape for good seals, and most people swear that no tape should be used on the flare fittings, your choice.

and if you are building a keg pressure tester add in a pressure gauge, lower psi probably and a 1/4" valve.

Construction: Screw Male flare into swivel, MIP side into tee, and attach ball lock to other side of swivel.

Ya basically I made my own swivel.

And unless the threads are NPTF, you'll need teflon tape. There is a difference between NPT and NPTF that not many people realize.

Back