Condensation in Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gresc

Reaction score
Folks, I have a RIS in a glass carboy (Secondary) for two weeks. Today I noticed condensation on the inside of the glass.

Do I need to worry about this ? the RIS is a high alchohol beer so I'm pretty sure there's not much chance for anything to grow but I'm concerned.

In a properly airlocked system, the condensation originates from a state change from the inside.
No worries unless the condensation originates from the outside, but that seems unlikely, right?

RDWHAHB!

Yup; I'm pretty sure it's air tight, just odd. I've never noticed this before. Of course, I've not brewed many beers either.

Yep, it's normal. Likely your carboy has dropped a few degrees. Not unlikely considering it has finally cooled off in NY.

Makes sense; that's got to be it. We went from 85f to about 55f over the course of 2 days. Thanks for the reassurance !

first time i used a carboy as a secondary fermenter also have condensation on inside so i guess it's normal, i hope

Back